Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everyone,  I'm Angela, and this is my first post here in CSC, got some design implementations problems. I am reading Cisco LAN switching by Clark and Hamilton, published in 1999. Not the greatest book for latest technology, but I do find a lot of ...

ling20125 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiLooking through the MIB's for FWSM v4.0 we are  able to extract CPU, memory & I/O traffic for Admin and all the  instances we have set up.How do you monitor the  System CPU & Memory activity of the FWSM? I am under the impression  the System activi...

Hi ,I have to configure Cisco 3550 switch L3  that will allow 30 offices all within the same big building to share internet. Each office will have around 5-10 Pc's/Servers. Severs'( Email/Web) need to accessiable from internet. Pc's from one office s...

s.nasheet by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I have two Cisco Catalyst 2950 switches and two 2620XM routers. I need to set up a lap to practice on my CCNA exam. The routers don't have Network Module, WIC. What else do I need and how a lap is set up? I'll appreciate your responses.

Hello ,is possible to graphing  the current number of dynamic address count im my catalyst 2960 or ME3400 ?If yes, which oid can I use?ME3400#show mac address-table countMac Entries for Vlan 1:---------------------------Dynamic Address Count  : 729St...

I need to collect Netflow data on some core switches (WS-C6513 and WS-C6509-E) with a WS-SUP720-BASE supervisor module, however I'm not able to find out any Cisco documentation informing whether or not Netflow feature can is available on this supervi...

I'm trying to setup IOS SLB in directed mode on a Cat6506. We are currently using IOS SLB is dispatched mode for other services. Below is the relevent config. Please note there is no L3 interface on the 6506 for the Virtual Servers network (10.0.131....

Hi ExpertsI have a cisco 3560 Switch.interface 1 & 2 are uplink ports for data and voice vlan respectivelyint 3 to 24 are access portsi have switch ip address on vlan1 which has port 28 in itHow to : ping the ip address of the switch.Any suggestionsT...

Hi All, Greetings, Someone could help me with the following issue,  I have a devices 4506 with a supervisor 6 E,  the equipment has been working properly but from one moment to another CPU usage went up 80% SW2_4506#show process cpu  | exc 0.00 C...

ppacheco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 3640 with a NW-16ESW that has high CPU when routing between VLANs.  We get about 75% CPU utilization when we are only doing about 5000pps with a bandwidth of about 7Mb going through the router.  I'm thinking we should be able to handle > 40...