Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am implementing NIC bonding/teaming with Catalyst 2960.Linux_A has both NICs connected to the Catalyst 2960 witha bonding interface. I setup the catalyst with EtherChannel as follows:interface GigabitEthernet0/2 description Generic dual-processor ...

cisco24x7 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've seen comments where people say you don't necesserially need to run STP on switches. I'm confused as to why people say that, a few questions on this1. If they don't run STP then what do they run2. How do people take care of redundant paths and...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I am trying to understand Dynamic VLAN assignment using VMPS. The VMPS Client switch is a 2924XL with proper IOS. It is configured for VMPS as follows-vmps server 192.168.3.2     ! Location of VMPS Server...confirmed reachability from Switch ...

I have a problem in NTP server below our current seniorWe have configure Router 2800 as a NTP server to provide time for CUCMWhen we configure before it was working fine but suddenly we found there is some time deference on all telephones connected ...

tasnee123 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Ciscoers,I have 2 cores 6513 equipped with 2 modules which each having x16 SF ports.2 cores connects to about 9 Dist Switches as active and 9 DistSwitches as passive (typical cisco design for HSRP).Which:-CoreA should have 2 legs to Dist_A and Dis...

sam_manay by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The purpose of using GRE encapsiulation over IPSec is to allow multicast routing updates to flow between the hub and spoke routers.Is there another purpose for running GRE with IPSec?If only static routing is used, is there a need for GRE?In a second...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone who worked with the SUP6 Lite and knows the caveats? I used a Bundle: WS-C4506E-S6L-1300.It looks like you can't do 10G with the default LAN Base image. However; there's a Licence upgrade on the LAN Base for 10G. There's also an IOS upgrade to...

rjugnauth by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have an situation that I need advice/input on.There are 25 switches in a building all Cisco.At the core of the network is a stack of 7 Catalyst 3750's which have EtherChannel uplinks to all the outer switches.The core switch also serves as the d...

Resolved! CAM - aging time?

I have a PC connected to a L2 Switch. I see the MAC address as dynamic in the switch's MAC-Address table. As soon as I disconnect the PC from the switch the entry in the MAC-Table is gone..... doesn't it supppose to age out the MAC-address after the ...

All,I've got a situation that I'm not sure if I need to change.I've got a 3750 stack that's using L3 interfaces. It's configured in Dense mode at the moment. There's an uplink that connects to a Dell stack for our edge switches. The Dell stack has ig...

Hi all!Qustion about 877 K9 dls router.I have 2 vlans: 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.240, switchport FE0  and 10.10.20.1. 255.255.255.240 switchport FE1.for my dsl link i use IRB config with dinami ip address.internet connection works for both vlans.I have ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card