Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Multicast issues

Hi All,I have an issue regarding Multicast. We recently upgraded a control system network using 3750G in a "ring" topology, which was running several types of traffic (CCTV:roughly 100 cameras, SOS telephones etc).  Where we have been trying to intro...

STP

I am getting this error frequently on a 6509 switch:" (enable) 2010 Mar 19 08:20:02 PDT -07:00 %ETHC-5-PORTFROMSTP:Port 9/42 left bridge port 9/422010 Mar 19 08:20:03 PDT -07:00 %DTP-5-AUXVLANPORTOFF:Auxiliary vlan removed on port 9/422010 Mar 19 08:...

Resolved! NTP recurring

Hi  All,Please help me to understand the situation and solve it  My devices start to run on BST  two weeks earlier that it actually DST starts on Sunday, 28 March 2010, 01:00 local standard time DST endson Sunday, 31 October 2010, 02:00 local dayligh...

Hi,We will be implementing  VSS with FWSM.How many FWSM modules do we need for this configuration?  >> one FW module per 6509-E at minimum or can we use only one FWSM per VSS ?I have tried to find any recomendation on cisco doc , but without success,...

when we power up the 6500 chassis one 6516 and 6348 module didnt come up.sh moduleMod Slot Ports Module-Type               Model               Sub Status--- ---- ----- ------------------------- ------------------- --- --------1   1    2     1000BaseX...

Hey all!I am going to get a new G2 Cisco 1941 router, but the only option in my area is a 10MB down and 2MB up COAXIAL service... Do you know what would be a good WIC card for the 1941?Any help would be appreciated!

Resolved! IP SLA Recurring

Hi All,I use an snmp tool to monitor IP SLA results. This works fine, but in testing this setup i noticedthat the Monitors i setup created a new collection index after the previous has completed. This happensafter 720 operations.See config belowrtr 1...

Resolved! NAT?

Hi all,One of our customer have a network with the next design:In their servers they have configured IPs only from the range 192.168.235.0/25.All the petitions for their servers come to one of the PUBLIC IP addresses and we have to configure static N...

Hi all,6513-1 & 2 connected via Etherchannel. New  backup server connected (dual NIC/Teaming) and it has the Team option: 802.3ad Dynamic with Fault Tolerance. Iam wondering if we enable  'LACP' passive on the 6500 interfaces (where the server NICs c...

I have a 6509 with redundant SUP720s in it.  My question is how does the 6509 determine which SUP to boot to?  Current it boots to the SUP in slot 6 and I'd rather it boot to the SUP in slot 5.  Is the boot order determined by lowest MAC address of s...

stewartjs by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I've made some config changes on one of our routers and after those changes telnet sessions to the router are no longer accepted.Here's what I did:I've added a vlan5, gave it a public ip address.I then gave fastethernet port #3 switchport acce...

beheer by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 4500 advice

We purchased a Sup6 for a classic chassis last year to operate as our core along with another 4506 running a sup5. After we deployed it, several months later we realized it wasn't Netflow capable so we ended up stuck with it. We're looking at buying ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card