Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I hope this time I will again find somebody to help me. I have several Cisco 3750 and 3750E switches (some in stack, some - not). Since 1 month I have problems and decided to run the online diagnostics. Unfortunatelly 75% of the switches showed ...

glakovski by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Relatively simple one here: I can gain remote (telnet,SSH) access to my device(s), however I can only access via IP address not hostname. I am aware that some sort of host file configuration but to be honest after an hour of trying to find out...

Good Evening All,Last week I replaced a 6513A with a 6509E, and in the process forgot two (2) parameters that I had overlooked, and maybe never moved them over to the 6509A, as no one knew what they did. What they did was support two (2) major appli...

dholder by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi:I have two Internet-facing 7600 routers with eBGP peers to the ISP routers. At those edge routers, I am running OSPF also and advertising a default route to our internal OSPF domain using the default-information-originate command. There is no redi...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have been working on a serious problem for over a week but so far have not reached a solution. We are experiencing severe network flooding on all switchports which is causing heavy packet loss across servers. To start with I thought it was a b...

Hello experts,im looking foward to route VLANs on my gateway instead of my switching infrastructure (image upgrade required), i'd be routing 2 data vlans and 1 voice VLAN, is there any performance implications by configuring VLAN routing on my gatewa...

"Redistributing connected" is typically used when you want a routing protocol to advertise an interface's network without actually having to run the protocol on the interface. Is that correct?If so, is there any other reason for wanting to redis conn...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All.I've been troubleshooting an problem between an HTTPS server and some clients connected to my site through VPN.Basically, My topology would look this way:SERVER - 6509(with FWSM) - couple of switches just forwarding traffic in the middle, M...

andrels by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I intend to change some configuration of oneof Coreswitch (6500) which is the standby member from HSRPgroup.My concern is, if i change it in running powered mode, will this be affected by vtp client overwrite & other vtp issues.Should i remove the...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can any one help me in identifying this issue. I have four core switches two in A side and two in B side. A side running with Ciso IOSpvstlayer 3 and layer 2 switcheB side running with CatOSPVST+layer 3 and layer 2 switchesIn q site suddenly the whol...