Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We have a C6500 running in hybrid mode and have seen alot of errors on 3 interfaces which are bundled together and connect to another C6500.The errors are jumbo frames. in the counters of the port we see alot of rxOversizedPkts and dot3StatsFrameT...

Hi,Two 4500 switches both in HSRP mode, strangely can't see each other in cdp table.But they can see other edge switches as cdp neighbor. Both are connected to each other via fiber uplinks.Please advice on what could be the issue.Thanks.

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can We configure DHCP service on both the core switch (6509 IOS) keeping redundancy. currently we have configured DHCP in one core switch so when ever the core swich is down dhcp server also down.Thanking you...awaiting your reply

Hello,We have CA BrigtStore Backup solution for Messaging and Application which are in GB's. I am looking for recommendation if to have separate network from regular LAN Network or connect to the network.Is there any white papers or recommendation fr...

Hi every body!I was studying about wireless standards. i have few questions;Here iswhat my book says about wpa:"The IEEE was working on the IEEE wlan security standard.802.11i, but the wlan industry needed a quicker solution than waiting on the IEEE ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am seeing a strange problem with bandwidth usage reports.mrtg for one of the links shows different readings for input & output interfaces.For eg. if inside interface graph shows 4 Mbps usage, outside interface for same duration shows much less t...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body!i was reading about wlan.wlan uses radio waves to transmit and receive data. These radio waves( EM waves) are prone to interfernce from external sources (Our focus is interference from EM waves). Few of those external sources ar...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,By setting priority to a higher value on the router that has lower Router ID, it is easy to have DR/BDR router become Slave during Exstart phase. Looking into RFC2328 and specifically the fact that Master is the only one who increments sequence nu...

dknov by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Has any one experienced deploying link aggregation between a Cisco 6509 and a Marconi BXR-5000 using 1Gig interfaces? I know they only way I can do this on Cisco devices is by using port-channel, but other venders do not support port-channel.Thank...

Hi All,I am facing problem with 7609S redudancy because of one of sup is not booting properly and getting error message in rommon mode,*** System received a Software forced crash ***signal= 0x17, code= 0x24, context= 0x4202cf84PC = 0x401adfb4, Cause ...

Hi,In our network we are using CAT6500 as our core switch and 2950 and 3500 swithes as the access swithes intially we run an trunk port betwenn all access switches and allowing some VLAN and created an interfacec VLAN in corresponding switch and we m...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card