Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

error massage: POST: Inline Power Controller Tests : BeginPOST: Found inline power controller write failure, inst 0POST: Inline Power Controller Tests : End, Status FailedGbic port not functions.why this happen coz of hardware or software?

Does anyone use smartports? They look like a great idea. When I do searches for smartports all I find is people saying how to configure them, but no opinions as to it they use them or not. Please let me know what your thoughts are on this feature....

jeff.cook by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, we are in process of putting in a new lan,the edge switches will comprise of 2960's or 2975.In our partner company in Germany they have switches in closets, all with 1 invdividual connection to a core switch, in the UK we currently have other...

Hi,We have en existing Internet connection using our Cisco 3725 router (ISP A). The router does the NAT and here's the existing default route:S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 1.2.3.153This router has a "16 Port 10BaseT/100BaseTX EtherSwitch". Now we have a...

Hello fellow netheads.It is necessary to get some gnarly old-school AppleTalk networking going on in my extremely funky overnetworked basement!!! I was reading through Cisco's documentation and I'm a bit confused when it says AppleTalk Phase 1 allow...

Resolved! ospf on ethernet

Hi everybody!1)Let say we have four router on ethernet, r1,r2,r3,r4r1 is dr and r2 bdr.Does neighbor relation ship exists between r3 and dr,bdr only or also between r3 and r4?==========================================My book shows following example a...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I just completed my CCNA course and want to practise STP. I have only 2 switches to I guess I need a 3rd. Currently I have a 3550 and a 2950, what would be a good 3rd cheap choice as I guess 3 is the minimum?This way I can have 3 trunks working ...

whiteford by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Would I be correct in assuming that HSRP would be the ideal load balancing protocol where layer 2 and layer 3 termination happens on the core (collapsed core)?I have MST to evenly segment VLAN root bridges across each core switch so I would think tha...

Hi,I have 2 Switches A& B connected to each other over Portchannel interfaces each with 2 physical interface in it.My query is related to physical errors that occur on one of these physical interfaces.A is connected to B via PoCh with interfaces gig ...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I a trying to set up a Telnet connection from my computer to a pair of switches and 3 routers I dont want to console into the devices everytime. I want to use telnet to access each device.How can i set this upstep1. I need give password to vty l...

Resolved! ospf state

Hi,some confusion on ospf..1.it normally chooses the router-id if one is configured to denote the neigbor-id ,we have used the Lo0address as the router-id, but will it take the router-id to denote as neighbor id even though the lo0 address in not inc...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body!please consider the following case.A router has following routes in routing table.c 172.172.0.0/16 s0c 172.173.0.0/16 s1If this router receives an update 11.0.0.0 metric=16, Will the router ignore it? thanks a lot and have a nice weeken...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I keep getting the following error on my 6506 running Sup720. PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 6 is experiencing the following error: Bus Asic #0 transient Pb error. Recovered (0x0002, 0x0000). Cisco error message decoder shows the following: A...

I have to clean up a datacenter core to rearrange ports on a WS-X6148A-GE-TX so that we can do etherchannel -- freeing up ports on different port groupings to get around the 8:1 oversubscription.What happens if you have, say, an etherchannel on ports...

b.julin by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes