Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have voice interface NM with 2 voice port that was installed in slot#1 of my cisco 3600 router. I have to remove this voice interface NM as our company requirement and install a new FastEthernet NM with 2 WAN port. On these 2 WAN port I installed t...

Resolved! radius protocol.

Hi every body! I want to know if radius protocol uses ip to carry its messages .At which layer of osi radius operate?thanks a lot!

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every bodY In If hosts are connected using ethernet via hub, mac layer on each host determines when host can or can not send data.But in switched ethernet where host are connected to switchport and there is no contention as to who access the med...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hiI have a Vlan questionIf i have a Core switch that is working as a layer 3, and that core switch is attached via trunk to another 2 x Cisco layer 2 switches (as seen in the topology)My question is if there is a room where all pc's are connected t...

Resolved! Server isolation

Greetings,We are looking into isolating our servers in our data center and wouldlike your thoughts on the best way to approach this. We have a mesh network (MPLS) with 14 remote locations and a data center. The data center network ID is 10.10.110.0 a...

layout:.server1---dell-Switch---Cisco4948---Server2dot1q trunking setup between dell and cisco.Trunk set to on.Etherchannel between dell and cisco. Set to lcap.------------ connection to dell switchinterface GigabitEthernet1/2 switchport trunk encaps...

prekursor by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently we are filtering data on vlan 233 and 237. Want to add vlan 321 to filter. Here is my current config:vlan filter Servers_IN vlan-list 233,237My question is can I just add the vlan to the filter like this:vlan filter Servers_IN vlan-list 2...

meadman by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In our office we have the following setup:1. Verizon DSL with Static IP address2. Westell A90-220015-04 DSL Modem3. Linksys RV-042 Router4. Dlink DSS-24 switchThese have been in place for several years and are working fine. But, we have run out of po...