Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two 6509-V-E each with a Sup720/two CX4s and have established a VSS using said interfaces. I was sold two standard 6704 modules and XENPAKs to create a third link. Adding the third link does not work with the configuration attempt stating unsu...

I have a CatOS 4000 series switch that is generating the syslog message below. Does anyone have insight as to what it means?"Config Change Trap: Module 3 block changed by Link updprcs"(model 3 is a 100FX card)Thanks in advance, links are apprecaited.

Hello all,I am working on a new pppoe setup and am hoping to configure HSRP/VRRP or something else to eliminate to possibility of hardware failure. Running on a 7206vxr box with the following (pertinent) configuration:pdn enableloopback 41ip address...

According to 4900M's datasheet, it supports 802.1s MSTP. But as far as I know, some catOS only support its own MSTP, not the standard IEEE 802.1s. Could you please advise if this new module (4900M) support it? Since we need 10G connection and 4900M s...

kangzhen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to authenticate telnet accesses to my core sw 4503 but to no avail, I've tried the same config on sw 3560 amazingly worked fine.I know its straight forward config but it bugged me1- create username/password2- under line vty --> login lo...

I am in the process of setting up a trunk port for a client. I want to allow only 4 production vlan to traverse the trunk. The rest of the vlans I want to prune off.I am shipping this trunk port to an IPS unit to inspect the traffic for mal content...

Hi We have implemented a number of L2TPV3 tunnels to backhaul some wireless links, our customer would like to run rapid spanning tree over the link as there is potentially a loop, however it seems that the BPDUs are not being sent over the link... Po...

pthomsett by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have about six cisco edge (Access layer)switches, all are uplinked to a cisco backbone (Core layer) switch by using the normal hierarchy design that all we know already and get used to it. Each edge switch got certain layer 2 vlans configured...

I am going to use VSS with a C3750 'Access' switch running 12.2(46)SE that supports Pagp+ for dual active detection. Regarding this topology, i have some questions: 1) Does my Etherchannel towards the C3750 stack need to be a Pagp Etherchannel ? Or c...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

am having 4506 switch along with the x4418 module. if i want to connect more than 5 cisco 3750g switch to this module,how can i do it as there is only 2 uplink ports.please let me know

raj522 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card