Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am looking for a way to add an extra ethernet port on my 2610. What i have read is making me wonder if the only way to do this would be the NM-1E or NM-4E. Are there any other modules or WICs that would give me an fast/ethernet port?Thanks,Kyle

Resolved! Access-list

Hello, Very basic question..which is throwing me off. We never use this in Production environment. But when we have an access-list like followingaccess-list 1 permit 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255This means..we are allowing any host ( 0.0.0.0) and what ...

Hello,Here is the situation: I have a 2850ISR with 12.4XW5 software. The router is doing PAT to the Internet and a wireless bridge. I connect via wireless with on a Macbook with iChat. I fire up the SIP based audio and video collaboration. I can...

sweigle by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I am using Cisco's HA network design. My one question in the design is; in the distribution why have they configured a loopback and lableled it "Garbage-CAN RP" and then labeled another RP as Good-IPMC? I have never used a loopback in my multicas...

mrashby by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

VPN

DearI want to know how can i create new vpn in new switch and also what is the difference between vlan and vpn.Can i create vpn in only L3 or L2.There is possibility to create vpn in L2 swithces.

upendra07 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I'm after, if it exists, a CatOS command that replicates the 'show interface' which displays the tx and rx load on a port, be it x/255 or y% (as per the sho int command in IOS). ThanksBernie

how do I Place all unused ports in a parking vlan,wich is dedicated to grouping unused ports until they are proactively placed into service . This is part of Switch security .. I know I can execute the shut command and that should do it , but I neede...

Hi to all.Maybe someone can suggest me the tunning to do for my problem.I have 2 cisco routers with a 10Mb/s-full duplex WAN connection each.If I do an FTP between from a PC on site 1 to a pc on site 2 I reach 9.8Mb/s.Great!!!!If I transfer the same ...

freccetta by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have just received a 3560G 24 port POE switch back from a rental return with a customer. Upon powering up the switch everything is fine until the following error message!!! WARNING: The switch is not usable !!!Unable to create l2trace server proce...

Hi,6500 has several options for etherchannelload balancing - MAC, IP adddress, port number and MPLS.If an ethernet frame is received with type equal to MPLS and is to be switched over an etherchannel with load balancing set for IP address will ita) l...

pbelletty by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes