Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

VPN

DearI want to know how can i create new vpn in new switch and also what is the difference between vlan and vpn.Can i create vpn in only L3 or L2.There is possibility to create vpn in L2 swithces.

upendra07 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I'm after, if it exists, a CatOS command that replicates the 'show interface' which displays the tx and rx load on a port, be it x/255 or y% (as per the sho int command in IOS). ThanksBernie

how do I Place all unused ports in a parking vlan,wich is dedicated to grouping unused ports until they are proactively placed into service . This is part of Switch security .. I know I can execute the shut command and that should do it , but I neede...

Hi to all.Maybe someone can suggest me the tunning to do for my problem.I have 2 cisco routers with a 10Mb/s-full duplex WAN connection each.If I do an FTP between from a PC on site 1 to a pc on site 2 I reach 9.8Mb/s.Great!!!!If I transfer the same ...

freccetta by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have just received a 3560G 24 port POE switch back from a rental return with a customer. Upon powering up the switch everything is fine until the following error message!!! WARNING: The switch is not usable !!!Unable to create l2trace server proce...

Hi,6500 has several options for etherchannelload balancing - MAC, IP adddress, port number and MPLS.If an ethernet frame is received with type equal to MPLS and is to be switched over an etherchannel with load balancing set for IP address will ita) l...

pbelletty by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I created Ethernet subinterfaces with VLAN and isl/dot1qencapsulation.then i tried Applying VRF (part of MPLS VPN) to it, and it workedwithout giving error.But I believe, VPN isnt supported on VLAN interfaces.. it doesnt makesense to have L3 tunneli...

tarandeep by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Overview of the basic layout is as show in the attachment. An additional note is that, the PIX and R7 is connected through a switch, CAT2.*VLAN 24 is the primary untagged VLANCAT2 - PIXinterface FastEthernet0/2 switchport access vlan 24 switchport...