Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

What's the IP address of a named keepalive in a css configuration?!If the service have the IP address 172.20.10.65, which is the IP address that I have to use for the named keepalive?

csiracusa by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi every bodyI have been struggling to understand the link selection process in ether channel.I find conflicting material about it.For example, in ccnp bcmsn guide by david hucaby , i find the following:For a two-link etherchannel, a 1-bit XOR is per...

Hi every body!I need some help to understand the following:I know PAgP dynamically modifies parameters of the ether channel if one of the bundled port is modified. how about if PAgP is not used rather etherchannel is configured as " channel-group 2 ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is a good document to read about the different kinds of MAC addresses supported by a switch?For example...to determine the root bridge for STP -- MAC address of the switch is one of the parameters. How is it possible for two switches to have id...

perkins.t by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does a catalyst switch running ios version 12.0(5) support running a vtp domain configuration. Where vtp clients receive updates from the vtp server? If so can someone help me with the Syntax?Thank you,David

Hi,can I configure HSRP from two router with only one inteface ethernet for each so that I have to use trunk 802.1q (Vlan) ?Does anyone advice me one a document about ?Best regardsLorenzo

lformelli by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI have a 3650e switch that has been running with 2 ten gig modules but I am changing one of them to a twingig module.The problem I have is that after changing over to the twingig module the gig port on it wont recognise the fibre link.I am not ...

norton123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am reading CCNP BSCI from Stewart in prep for test.It lists three criterion for neighborship to form: K values must match, AS# must match, and a "hello" must be recieved. It does not talk about the hello or hold time values. Mustn't those also m...

suelange by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

is it possible to setup two ASA's behind a cable modem? currently i have the modem, then a switch, then the two ASA's. one is configured with with pulic ip x.x.x.79 and the other is congifured with public ip x.x.x.127. however, only one will work at ...

Hi,In order to attempt a quick and dirty way of limiting the outbound traffic on our 3750 switch I attempted to simply use:srr-queue bandwidth limit 22on a FastE uplink. From what I understood the command should only limit egress traffic from the po...