Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are getting ready to deploy a few new vmware servers and we need to get vlan tagging configured as the servers don't have enough NIC cards. I just need to see if I can get somebody to verify that I have the switchport configured correctly for tag...

mpozorski by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was given a cisco 2620 router, once I power it on, it stops at snmp agent on host 2600 is undergoing a cold start. Then after a couple of minutes it says failed. But I'm unable to type any commands, it just sits there. Any ideas what the issue may ...

Hi all, we currently have nics teamed on our hp servers, 1 nic goes to switch A , the other goes to switch B, my question is, is this load balancing the connection, or is only one link in use, as the same mac address cannot exist on 2 different ports...

Hi all, if im using an access point as a wds device, there is a wds username and password set on the access point, do I need to add this onto my wlse under aaa administration, then add the username and password under the clients or users setup ?pleas...

Hi Everybody,I have a major problem in our network which appears very frequently. We have around 10 4506 switch with SUP-V and three module of 48 Ports 10/100/1000 ethernet with Power on Ethernet(POE) feature support.The problem is that some of the p...

Hi,Is fragmentation taken care on layer 3 switch compared to a router. I have 2 deafult gateways in my network, one is on the router and the other on the switch which are in the same VLAN.When i try to access the other side of the network which is a ...

I am having trouble getting up an ATM connection between 2 6509's in a lab. Is there anything I need to configure one the interfaces besides no shut and ip addresses?

I have read some docs on this but dont really see how to do it yet. I have three sites, A, B, & C. A has a 2620 with 2 T1 WICs connecting to B & C. B & C each have a WIC connecting to A. On the ethernet side there are 3550's. At each site there ...

wrwiii122 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We were doing power maintenance in the middle of the night last night and my 3750 wanted to come up and not pass ospf traffic. It seems the database is mucked up but I am not sure. I have tried clearing ospf and redoing it with the same results. I...

jwilde by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a user that is experiencing a problem while trying to upload pictures from the network. She has a laptop that has a 10/100/1000 net card and I have her connected to a WS-X6148-RJ45V line card in a 6509 chassis at 100 full on both ends (not aut...

rfurnas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Having an issue with our WLC devices showing we have APs disassociating at an alarming rate.TAC has asked us to setup a debug command on the wireless lan controllers and that is working great. They also asked us to setup SPAN to monitor traffic.I hav...

campbech1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a two pcmcia flash memory and 3640 router (it has no internal flash memory)how can I format this pcmcia memory to boot C3640 router ?1) MEM-c6K-FLC16M -- 16M 2) SM9FA832-C7500S -- 32M

crystal91 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a client who needs to upgrade their flash on a 3640 from 16-32mb in size. Will this at all affect the IOS that's currently installed in flash? ie, will it still boot up into the existing IOS?currently there's a single 16mb flash stick, and t...

srue by Level 7
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes