Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We are using dot1x auth in local area network. We have Hp some Hp color laser printers. We have to do Mac auth for these because they do not support dot1x etc. Printer's Mac address authendicates and gets the IP address and we can ping the printe...

We have a spare 6509 (purchased 2004) chassis and I had assumed that by upgrading the 6509 to Supervisor 32 and buying new GB line modules I would gain better performance than say purchasing a new Catalyst 4510.But from investigation of the data shee...

Hi there,I currently have a network which consists of one 2970G as a core switch and a number of 2950T and 2970G switches at the edge (see attachment 1.jpg).What I would like to accomplish is redundancy in the core so if one switch fails traffic will...

We our going to install a secondary DSL line to supplement our current connection and i have been given the task of checking to see if there is a way to divide our internet bound network traffic btween the two DSL routers.currently we have all of our...

james_281 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!I need some help with how to config a 3500 catalyst switch to logg everything (logging trap 6) to a syslog server. This switch has some commands and vlans configured since earlier (not by me).Please explain the following lines for me:logging facil...

mattias by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the meaning of operating temperature under environmental conditions mentioned in product sheets: If the temperature of the device that feels or the temperature of the room that switch works in?

yoguz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have upgraded our 2811 router with the lastest IOS and CME. Everything works nice. I used the SDM setup.exe file to install SDM 2.5 on to the router. So far everything good. These files was added:54 1038 Feb 21 2008 19:22:26 +01:00 home.shtm...

ruben by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all !I have one question for you.One day, I find out the below messages on my switch.But I don't know what it mean is.Anyone know the message ? Im waiting your answer.Thanks .Regards,------------------------------------------Log Buffer (4096 bytes...

shsong21 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, we have a mix of cisco 2950, and 2960switches. Givin the 2950, I have ios versions such as 12.1(22)EA2 and 12.1(22) EA1.Also, the 2960's have 12.2(25)FX,12.2(25)SEE1.For the 2960's what is the difference between the fx,see ? I could not find much...

avtechs19 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello we have a WS-3560-C3560-S switch with software version 12.1(19)EA1d, is there update availble for this version I can see the minimum requirement for available updates are 12.2.(18).Best Regards

Wajma_2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 2 Cisco 6509 switches with Supervisor Engine II MSFC sitting idle and are looking to upgrade them to fit in to our new building.What is the upgrade path for this series?From what I can see we would need to purchase Supervisor Engine 720? Woul...

I'd like to mark some traffic so any other traffic has priority, except that my marked-down traffic has a guaranteed minimum rate. When there's no other traffic, my marked traffic can use the full TLS Ethernet bandwidth.Possible? If so, can someone ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card