Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am about to purchase a networking solution for about 180 users and 10 servers.My question is should I use a big modular switch like 4506 or buy 7-9 3750 switches and stack them together?From a financial point of view the 4506 costs more than the...

batalikian by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,,One Server is connected with 3750 switch as vlan 20. But server has been configured by clustering of x.x.x.67 & x.x.x.66 IP and cluster IP is x.x.x.68, when any request is going out from server its showing source ip either .67 or .66, but we want...

goutam_04 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 2651 router running IOS 12.2(10r)1. I'm trying to determine if there is a bottleneck at the router itself or on my local segment. Are there are utilites on the router or out there to easily troubleshoot the problem?

I am trying to put together a config for a 2960 switch (running 12.2(25)SEE3 C2960-LANBASE-M) that will give priority to voice packets which are already marked with DSCP 40 by the VoIP phone systems. I have successfully used Cisco 2950 switches to do...

DavidMead by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an issue with VLANing. I have everything configured properly on 8 switches and a router. This is a router-on-a stick design. I am planning on using 5 3560 Cat switches with VLAN 54(default gateway 10.10.54.1 VLAN1 10.10.54.2) and 3 3560 Cat sw...

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am familiar with how the encapsulation process works but I cannot find any good information on how encapsulation works when turning on Jumbo frames. Cisco's 3750 documentation referees to Jumbo Frames. Now is Cisco just confusing me or are they act...

scottdean by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, could some one confirm the following. If I have an EtherChannel that consists of 2 physical circuits, is a single data transfer able to use both physical circuits or is it limited to just one circuit?Thanks James.

james by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am looking forward to install the high end cat 4500s with POE enabled and all the cables are cat 6a for my new facility. Can anybody let me know of any issue of using POE with cat 6a. Please advice if anybody know so that I can use the proper ci...

I'm about to put this ACL on a border gateway on my interface to my ISP.access-list 120 remark Only applied to g0/0access-list 120 remark Prevents Pings to routeraccess-list 120 remark Allow Ping from Cogent Ops onlyaccess-list 120 permit icmp 66.28....

I'm having trouble locating the backups. I installed 3CDaemon TFTP. Started the server. When to cmd and log in to the switch. enabled it, typed: copy running-config tftp: then clicked enter. entered ip address of my computer, entered filename. Where ...

DonnaJ by Level 1
  • 32 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can you configure HSRP over two interfaces in a single router?I'm trying to connect a 7204VXR to a Pix 515e failover pair so was hoping to connect each Pix into an Ethernet port on the Router using some sort of redundancy protocol rather than install...

robward by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Solarwinds is reporting that teh 6506-E Version 12.2(18)SXF9 is running at 92%. Below is the output of show memory:System Memory: 524288K total, 252632K used, 271656K free, 1000K kernel reserved.Am I missing something here?

Tshi M by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card