Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I need some advice on the default behaviour of 'redistribute static'.Background - we have a fully routed core network with Cat 6500's. Our Exchange network is behind an ISA firewall and is split across two 6500's for resilience. One of the 6500's...

robward by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, in a multi area ospf network, what can be the reason that only in some areas only e2 routes are not getting older? This e2 routes are not getting older than one day, whereas intra and inter area routes have an age of one week and more?Hope that a...

ssieger by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have some questions based on the output showing individual interface port.Take this interface as an example. Say i have connected a PC to this port.1) Why does the interface input less than the output?2) How do you define the input and output based...

Does anyone know off-hand how the ports are grouped together on the backplane/motherboard? I'm wondering as I have a switch that the first 2 ports of each 4-plex (1&2, 5&6, 9&10) are giving crc errors, input errors, and flapping for no reason we can...

I have a dilemma. I need to monitor 4 links. for inbound and outbound traffic. A hub is out of the question as traffic won't be seperated. Currently I am using a product called nTap to tap the four links back to a Cisco switch. The problem is SPAN on...

brandon.n by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey all, I'm not a Cisco Engineer or anything like that but I have a small amount of configuration knowledge on Cisco Routers and Switches. My problem is that our Cisco guy has just left and it looks like I'm going to be asked to fill his shoes, anyw...

Hi,I need to download the IOS 12.4(11)T. I went to :http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/and clicked on :"Cisco IOS Software"The authentication is always failed when I type in my CISCO account and password.Why does this happen? I'm sure I didn't mak...

insert7992 by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

3750 - Hub3750's 37 port connected to a Hub,and 5 hosts behind the Hub.int f0/37 is a private-vlan isolate portwhich way the 5 hosts behind the HUB communicate?i don't know if they can communicate through 2 layer ?or they can't contact each other fro...

After putting a sniffer on the network, we noticed a significant number (900+ in less than 5 minutes) of diagnoses with the message "Too many retransmissions". Even if we bump the threshold up from the default of 10% up to 50%, we are still seeing a...

gergs00 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi We are in the process of implementing a new network at one of our locations. We have purchased 2 6509s w SUP 720 to act as Core/Dist and for access layer, we have purchased 6 6509 w SUP 32. All the uplinks will be 10 Gig from Access. We are thinki...

amodi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone seen a autonegotiation problem between a Dell 600 laptop and a Cat 4506 with 4548 cards . Port will not come up as auto/auto for speed and duplex but if you hardcode speed/duplex to 100/full it will come up . Suspecting a incompatability b...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes