Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am using 1841's at 4 locations, and 3 of them are acting as DHCP servers. For the purposes of VLAN with our VOIP system, I'd like the routers dhcp servers to be able to recognize and ignore certain tagged frames, as is done using scope options in M...

scottford by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a question (a problem, really) regarding HSRP configured for using the preempt delay minimum feature.Rtr A is our main router, while Rtr B is our backup router. We need to switch over to the backup, should a track change state. So far, ...

e-alvarez by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When connecting a cisco WS-C2960G-24TC-L switch to a cisco WS-C3560G-24TS switch with 100Mbps Full Duplex hard coded on both ends, the connection fails (interface goes down on both ends) with the following error message on the 3560 switch: "10w1d: %C...

cco by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Here's a wierd one...I'm in the process of renumbering the LAN.I've got two VLANs that can talk to each other.I have 3 3725 switches (stackwise) with about 5 2960 switches uplinking to the 3725s.These 2960s connect to ports on the 3725 that are in VL...

Resolved! Is this a loop???

Hi everyone,I'have a little problem, i cannot see if this is a loop.Imagine that:If all ports )including the trunks) are in the VLAN1 im seeing a loop! no?Ok, and imagine a second case:The two trunk ports (well are four ports but you understand, no?)...

Which solution has Cisco for filtering and traffic shaping in Peer to peer programas, like bit torrent and edonkey?Is it possible to detect, block and shape obfuscated and encrypted Peer to Peer programs?regards

Hi, I have two switch and 1 portchannel created, this portchannel have associated two interfaces. I need to balance the traffic between the two interfaces. The configuration is:Switch 4507Rinterface GigabitEthernet3/48 (electrical) switchport trunk e...

I have plan to C6509 SUP720 migation from SUP2.What do i consider and prepare to it?The C6509(IOS) has 1 SUP2 module and 2 regacy ethrenet module.and do i need a DFC3B card to get full performance of X6724SFP module?

yong1794 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, Can anyone please educate me on these two router mentioned?. I mean for someone plaining to go all the to CCNP and IE thereafter. Which is the most valueable considering all the protocols that might be needed to run on them in the near ...

newnetman by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All, I recently installed a load balancing device for two internet T1's. Along with this I purchased the a failover for the device. In order for the primary and backup to talk to one another on a LAN switch (2950) it required broadcasting. Meaning th...

rick by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know of any oid or mib that maps a mac address of ip address that a switch knows about, to a port? I am having some problems with some nasty hosts but I can not find them.

Hi All, Here i have configured VLANs between two Cisco 4507R switches...My team lead is asking me to configure HSRP between the VLANs....Cany anybody suggest me,,why do we need HSRP here and Let me know how to Configure HSRP.ThanxAmar.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card