Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! passwords

How do I setup a password for router?What's different about secret enable? Will that allow me to login without username and use just a password?

I have 2 10meg EPL circuits, each one connected at layer2 to different 4k switch. Is is possible to wrap both of them in a etherchannel to get 20 meg circuit while they are on 2 different switches?

mlouis by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are evaluating an upgrade from the current 1Gb backbone to a 10Gbbackbone in a mixed manufacturer environment. This process will beginwith an upgrade to our existing 1Gb core switching platform. If we wereto install WS-X6708-10G-3CXL modules wit...

Our 4510 switch appears to have reloaded randomly twice in the past two weeks. It has caused a major disruption. When I look at a "sho ver" the output displays "last reset from reload". My question is does this mean someone had to issue a reload c...

mparella by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How can I remove Cisco's banner from 2811 router? banner login ^C ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) is installed on this device. This feature requires the one-time u...

Hello all,When issuing the sh log command, it usually gives me logs from june to present. It takes quite some time to go through them to reach the latest logs.Is there a method or command which allows me to display the logs for just today or for the...

danny9797 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have been getting alerts from some of our 4500 series switches which include some 4503 and 4506 switches.We are trying to understand why we get an alert from a switch that does not reside on the same domain and have different IP scopes. We are a s...

I have a large network that uses 3560 switches with trunk interface two vlans and one native vlan. We just recently converted from routed to trunk. It's a long story!In between switches we have a Lucent Dmx product with untagged ethernet port option....

hi we have a 3600 started from flash (without memory card) and after erase startup-conf i cant take console. Can anybody help me?thanks

bkoum by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi we have a 3600 started from flash (without memory card) and after erase startup-conf i cant take console. Can anybody help me?thanks

bkoum by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Thanks for all your help so far. Some of you may have read that I am currently in the process of upgrading our 6509's and Client Access Switches.The 6509 sups are to be upgraded to sup32's with 2 10G uplinks... Currently they have sup 1As with...