Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello I need little help, becouse I don t understand when I configure port security on switch, do I need to use switchport mode access and then switchport port-security something or I can use just 2 line,when I should use first line thx

I must be having a brain sludge day.Senario2 x 3570's (stackmembers) at location A2 x 3570's (stackmembers) at location Bthey are connected via 2 trunks in a etherchannel group.The question is for command snmp [authentication |coldstart | linkdown |l...

Resolved! Catalyst 2960

HiIs a Catalyst 2960 24 10/100 + 2T/SFP LAN Base Image a layer 2 switch. Does it have layer 3 routing capabilities like the 3560?Many thanks

karlhall by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is a weird one. I have three switches:1. Catalyst 2950 (100 meg with 1000Base-SX uplinks)2. Catalyst 500 (100 meg with 1000Base-SX SFPs)3. Catalyst 500 (gigabit)Switches 1 & 2 are uplinked via 1000Base-SX, switches 2 & 3 are uplinked via 1000Bas...

On a Cisco switch is the command :-copy running-config startup-configavailable, as on a router ?I recall reading that on changing the running config on a 2950 or 1900 Catalyst switch, it is written immediately to NVRAM, so the above command is NOT av...

rossua994 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I configured "router on a stick" and NAT on a 2621 router using a DSL connection for Internet access. My hardware equipment and configurations are attached.Host A or B can ping their own gateways and each other's gateways. However, host A cannot ping...

wenyuantu by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys, I need to get a good blade with least oversubscription and am debating between WS-X4306-GB vs. WS-X4506-GB-TI don't need the POE features or the copper capability out of the blade (just need GBIC connections)Can someone tell me if the 4506 has ...

ciscors by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know a WS-C3750E-48PD-EF comes with 2 X 10GE (X2) ports. Now, to connect it to another switch using 1GBPS, do I have to purchase both the X2 GBIC such as X2-10GB-SR as well as the Twingig module or can I simply buy the Twingig module?

ciscors by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My problem that have two vlans in switch L3, one with servers(vlan 2 ), and others with network users(vlan 1).In vlan 2 i have servers and one cluster NLB of the Microsoft. Well, When I am in vlan 1, i want test ping virtual ip of the cluster and don...

Resolved! 3550 for Router?

Hello.Many questions tonight.I'm currently holding a faulty 7206vxr router. And I have a 3550-24 and a 355-12G, both with enhanced multilayer image. I'm thinking about replacing the 7206 with the 3550, and thereby I seek answers and advice. Customers...

markraves by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking at purchasing a couple of these modules. I will need the 10GE interfaces to support 802.1Q-in-Q. Does anyone know if there is any limitations on these interfaces, where by they can't do VLAN Tunneling or tag stacking? Thanks for your hel...

eknell by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are using a Cisco 3560 Switch as a DHCP Server. I understand how to set up multiple DHCP pools within the same network using Sub-netting. The issue is i would like to be able to assign on a per port basis of what DHCP pool to use.For Example if i ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card