Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, in my company we have IP SLA configured... however I don't see any reaction configurations in there.... given this config, I believe that no management station will be notified if the threshold for an SLA is reached. Is this true?Thanks, Lisa Gc...

lgontarsk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Question regarding HSRP. In all the implementations I've done, I used a different group for each instance. So Vlan1 would use group 1, Vlan2 uses group 2 and so on.I recently took over a network where they have more than 255 Vlans, and are running ...

All, we have 2 locations with 2 differnt IP Scheme. Loc 1 has IP Address 10.7.0.0 for Data and 10.101.0.0 for Voice, Location 2 has IP Address 10.8.0.0 for Data and 10.101.0.0 for Voice. Both locations are sharing the Voice VLAN. Does the switch n...

rwamstutz by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, there's something I don't understand.... when you have a tunnel interface, and traceroute to the tunnel destination - why don't you get the hops inbetween the tunnel - the real hops that the tunnel is being formed over? Thanks, LisaG

lgontarsk by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All, what happens if a port is configured as:interface GigabitEthernet1/0/21 switchport access vlan 100 spanning-tree portfastbut does not have switchport mode access?is the switchport mode access command needed?

rwamstutz by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was configured a port monitor session on a customer's switch today; I configured "mon sess 1" then typed a ? to bring up the help menu. The 3 options were source, destination,and filter. I do know what source and destination are for and have bee...

I have a 3750 switch that, every once and a while, all the lights go amber at once which blocks all ports for a few seconds. I am wondering if "spanning-tree portfast bpduguard default" has anything to do with this problem. I also have portfast turn...

rplacier by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I added a new vlan to a switch and then needed to allow it on port-channel interfaces. Two additions to port-channels were fine, but with the other two, when I added the new vlan(switchport trunk allow vlan add <vlan>), the last existing vlan disa...

HiI'm having trouble understanding some basics on a switch. If I have multiple vlan's and each one of those vlan's has a default gateway, then which gateway do I use to put into the switch command "ip default-gateway" for example:vlan 1: 10.20.20.1vl...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We'll be retiring the last of our 3500XLs next month and replacing them with 3560 and 3570s. Once complete, I would like to migrate from PVST and RPVST across the board in order to speed up convergence times. The implementation seems pretty straigh...

I have a Cisco 2621 router in front of a Watchguard Firebox III 700. The interface (FastEthernet0/1) IP on the Cisco facing my LAN is 100.200.300.1, for example. The IP on the FBIII external interface is 100.200.300.2.Using any computer behind the FB...

cmcfarling by Level 1
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DFE Mismatch

I am installing a new supervisor 720 to my 6509 siwtch but I am getting the following error:00:01:33: %C6KENV-SP-2-DFCMISMATCH: Module 9 DFC incompatible with Supervisor DFC. Power deniedHere is the output of the show module command: (File Attached)...

Hi,does someone know how much memory/port (kB/queue) is reserved (allocated) for all 4 egress queues on the following switches? Cat3560Cat3560ECat3750Cat3750EBest Regards,Manfred

maerjak by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes