Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two servers connected to a 3550 and I want separate these two servers at L2 and make them communicate at L3. So I configured both ports with ?switchport protected?, and I connected the switch to a 2800 router, where I have interface VLAN confi...

cnuvo by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

when I have a switch my new, is vlan 1 classed as native by default, or do I have to tell it to be native, also soes native mean it doesnt tag the traffic ?

Hi, I am interested to know which layer(s) diffserv, dscp & wrr operate at.I believe diffserv and dscp are the same thing, though diffserv only has priority bits ranging from 0-7 but dscp extends that to more than 60. However, what I don't know what ...

voiper_99 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am looking at a 3750's configs and have a question. Below the two ingress queues and their WTD thresholds are defined:mls qos srr-queue input threshold 1 8 16mls qos srr-queue input threshold 2 34 66Then, a little further down the configuration...

voiper_99 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I did it couple of times but it didnt work. I am just trying to build MPLS L3 VPN with OSPF as the PE-CE protocol, EIGRP running within the MPLS cloud and PE-PE protocol being MP-BGP. PE router perform mutual redistribution and the routing table at C...

mrunal_47 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've been trying to figure this one out for a long time. All I want to do is configure basic router on a stick config between my 2924xl switch and 3640 router. The 3640 has only 10Mb ethernet. I have read that this is supported for dot1q trunking s...

HI.I am running a multicast application on my 3750 switch which has only 1 vlan configured. I have not done any specific configuation and i suppose igmp snooping is enabled by default. Multicast works but all users in the vlan receive multicast packe...

Can anyone tell me why Vlan1 10.90.152.0/24 doesnot show up as directly connected in the routing table?It's also is not advertising to other routers.When I only configure one 192.168.0.x routed interface, thenthe Vlan1 shows up. I'm missing something...

ricschaaf by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

can a switch port exist as belowboth trunk and access ????and what would be the purposeswitchport switchport access vlan 201 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 200 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-1006 switchport mode tr...

A hybrid L3 switch has a port connected to the fastethernet interface of a router. On the hybrid's msfc, a vlan interface is configured and the L2 port is placed in that vlan, thereby creating a routed link between the switch and the router. Now, I n...

lamav by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I did a Sup720-3B upgrade on my 6509 Chasis (not 6509E Chassis). Pwr supply is 1300AC, high speed Fan tray. Everything was working fine, trunking, routing (bgp, ospf). But I encounter some error, what could have cause this?I'm having 1 x 1300AC po...

kuan-ng by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to upgrade a 3750 stack with three switches. One of the members has afile called "lslss". Do you know what it is used for ?. If it remains, I will not haveenough space to load the advanced ip image.Directory of flash2:/ 2 -rwx ...

chenbs by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes