Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiWe would like to implement DHCP Snooping in the UserAccess-Layer of our LAN. But as our Printers use static IP-Adresses, and our Workplace-Mgmt does not want to mess up with IOS-CLI, we should provide them the possibilty to enable and disable IP So...

bbo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have two VLAN'sVLAN 1-192.168.18.0/24 (with secondary addressing)VLAN 2-192.168.130.0/27In order to migrate services to new hardware in VLAN 2, we need to divert traffic or at least determine what devices within VLAN 1 are still trying to talk ...

HiI've inherited an infrastructure that uses OSPF, RIP and static routes. What I'd like to do is reduce the routing to one routing protocol. Now I'm unsure whether to go for EIGRP or OSPF, any suggestions regarding this would be helpful and appreciat...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a problem when i try to apply a policy map to a routing interface on a Cisco3560I have firstly defined the access-list and the route-map. But the problem occurs when trying to apply the ip policy to the physical interface.ip access-list exten...

Hi ,Heres my scenerio:Server A is conencted to router 3 also router3 | || sw1---serverA 192.168.1.1 | router1 Here there are 2 route maps and relevant routes to router2 and also to outside | Sw2 ...

rajbhatt by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWith reference to the Safe document link below, in VLAN hopping/Network Attack Mitigation section, it refers to 'use dedicated VLAN IDs for all trunk ports'.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns128/networking_solutions_whi...

peter2904 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi wondering if someone can help me out with this one. I have a Cisco 3560 layer 3 switch on which I have setup a number of vlans and their corresponding ips. All are functioning except the management vlan - 10. I cannot ping my management vlan from ...

tafeitsi1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Am a CCNP, have a pix 515 in my home lab. It has 3 interfaces which I have configured as follows: outside interface security level 0, internal interface security level 100 and dmz 50. static nat has been configured. but there is no communication b/w ...

Hi All ,I would like to know how many interfaces can be tracked using syandby track command.ex: I want to track four serial interfaces on a router using standby track command.interface GigabitEthernet0/0ip address 10.105.3.8 255.255.255.128 standby 2...

smothuku by Level 7
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks,I know that a FEC or GEC link uses LACP with active-passive/active-active mode, and PAGP with auto-desirable/desirable-desirable mode.Saying that, what about the "channel-protocol" command? Is that used only in a multivendor infrastructure?T...

ariela by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a basic question here. How do you shutdown a cisco firewall or switch from a telnet session? Im talking about the entire device and not just interfaces.Thanks

danny9797 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! dhcp snooping

hi together,i've a design-problem with dhcp snooping.when i've all the users connected to access-switches and routing defined on the distribution switches there is no problem because i can use the "ip dhcp relay information trusted" command on the vl...

kulinski by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes