Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Imagine I have a 2600 router serving as an important router connecting (MPLS) my Continent to another important branch overseas.If I want to minimize the router point of failure, is my option here set up a new router (perhaps a 2800 and do BGP)? Assu...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Imagine I have a number of key routers on my network and they are still 2600. I also have catalyst 3550 switches and as far as I know those are a bit outdated as well (not as much as the 2600's though).Please let me know if you see any strong tech...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi GuysI have doubt regarding this commands.aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+ if-authenticatedlikewise for commandswhat exactly does this commands have effect.because when i enter this commands and try to access the switch via telnet and t...

Resolved! Router 16 NM VLANS

I plan to purchase a 16 NM for my router, then configure each of the 16 ports with their own VLAN and therefor subnets.Then connect each of the Ports to another routers FA0/0 port which has multi clients attached to it on another subnet. This will ef...

Hello.After connecting two 2950 switches with an ether channel and setting the ports in channel-group and port-channel interface as trunks as I have seen it done in previous configurations in our network I have the following problem with VTP between ...

I have a Catalyst Switch 3524XL with IOS 12.0(5)WC9a. Currently, I manage this switch through interface VLAN 10 instead of the default interface VLAN 1. This switch is configured as a VTP transparent mode and is connected to a Catalyst 4507 in VTP ...

Dear Sir,I have one question regarding the VLAN and trunk configuration.currently, we have 7301 router with three interfaces. they are GE 0/0 (VLan 1, vlan 2, vlan 3)GE 0/1 (vlan 11, vlan 12, vlan 13)for the GE 0/1, there is NO vlan 1 configuration. ...

leungcm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Here's the setup:One 6509 with FWSM and its 5 security contexts. Hosts are directly connected to the 6509, but are routed through security contexts.I have an IP address of one of the hosts off the router. The IP obviously wouldn't show up on the ARP...

parklabel by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi;If i put an GLC-T (1000BASE-T SFP) on 6500 chassis, does it works with my 10/100 DSL modem. So; can GLC-T module set its speed to 100Mbps automatically?Sorry for this amateur question?

Hello all,I can't find much information pertaining to the above command.I saw the command on a router with the following format:snmp-server community name ROAny help would be appreciated, thanks.

danny9797 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I am having trouble disabling the sending of syslog messages as SNMP traps. I have entered the command "no snmp-server enable traps syslog" but the switch still sends syslog messages to my snmp traphost. Do i need to fully disable all snmp-s...

I got two switches interconnected on ethernet ports and trunked useing dot1q. They keep changing status from protocol up to down not always the same interval either. Cant paste a config so ask me specific things to diagnose the issue please.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card