Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Has anyone seen this problem ? Any time my 2940 switches are reloaded, the gigabit SFP will not come back up, unless I do a shut, and no shut on the other end (4503). I do not see this on my 3750 switches. It only occurs on 4503 or 4506 switches. B...

rduke by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My inquire is I am trying to understand why this works.I have 4 internal routers (2620) connecting directly to a switch (2900XL) the switch is directly connected to a server running OpenBSD 3.9. The server has 2 NICs it is setup as a bridge. The NI...

superrob1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

wlan design, Hi all, if I had to implement a WLAN in a warehouse say for 200 devices, would I put this in a different vlan than the users, what would be a good design for this ?

STP

Dear I have 2 Cisco switch 4006 act as core and distribution layer. The current spanning tree enable on both of them is pvst mode and they connect to several access switches by 2 fiber optic which is trunk dot1q mode. I review configuration on access...

murtadham by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have two catalyst L3 switches.L2 trunk and HSRP is configured among them.if we put these two switches in different OSPF area provided both the swithes directly connected backbone area 0.do we have to put interfaces which running running HSRP in...

After deleting the original user via SDM and creating a new one (privilege level 15, view name "SDM_Administrator (root)") I'm unable to use "enable" command via telnet any longer.It asks me for a password, but neither the old nor the new one are wor...

Hi, I have an a switch C2924-XL with software installed 12(05)WC8.I have configured port fastethernet 0/22on trunk mode 802.1q and I need to crosstraffic here only at six Vlan (10,11,12,13,14 and 15) but not to Vlan 1.I have tryed to do native Vlan o...

lformelli by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I use HyperTerminal to connect to our switches/routers. If I use "Capture Text" feature in HyperTerminal and use "show" command, the output is not user-friendly. I see a lot of ">>>>>>" signs between, I just want to print-out the configuration, is th...

oguzcan35 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am implementing a VLAN per subnet plan, that at the moment is a flat network with secondary addresses on the 4503 switch:workstations 10.10.10.0servers 10.10.11.0printers 10.10.12.0I have a customer that has his router uplinked to my switc...

I understand that the CISCO's recommendation for ARP timeout value is to bring it down to the default CAM timeout of 300 seconds. This is done on the router module under each VLAN interface. However, on the 6513 switch side there is a global defaul...

esick by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

is the mac table distributed in a layer 2 environment.is the arp table populated on switch only with the directly connected interfaces and is not replicated across other switches in the layer2?

aksher by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

OK. Im must be missing something real simple. I have a 2811 with 16port ESM. I monitored session 1 destination and source. My destination port see the data because my Show Ip interface sees packets in the output increasing. My laptop with Observ...

csmiler by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I have a 4510R Device. Also some WS-C3750 Edge Switches connected to them. So if I connect a C3750 Switch to the 4510R Switch an another C3750R Switch to the 4510R Switch and connect both C3750 Switches together I have a loop. I have configu...

hi guys, i have a very basic scenario of BGP load balancing router A serial 0 to router B Serial 0router A serial 1 to router B serial 1Now i have configured loopback interfaces on both routers to be used for update-source command, i m not going into...