Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, I know cisco dont do this yet, but I believe that its a feature of nortel, I have seen I diagram where they have an access switch connected to 2 distribution switches via smlt, this is where the access switch has the 2 connections binded to f...

I notice my 2924 swith fa0/1 and fa02 get input error. Received 476 broadcasts, 2091 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles 2091 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored Received 475 broadcasts, 225 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles 225 in...

terry-tai by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have Cisco 4507 box with two redundent sup's, I am plannibg to buy another new 4507 box and move one sup from the old box to the new one, do I have to purchase new IOS for the new box or I can use the same IOS which is on the old 4507 box?Thanks.

m.salah by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am getting the following error when trying to boot catalyst 6500 with a WS-SUP720-3B. Any information on how to fix this will be appreciated. 00:00:52: %C6K_PLATFORM-SP-4-BADFLASH: Unsupported flash type in the bootflash - Setting to READONLY. Will...

What are the differences in the SUP720 and SUP32 for the 6500 series, to be used in a LAN Core? I know that the SUP720 is more "powerful", where or why would I use a SUP32 ?ThanksDJE

Hi all, when a pc uses arp to get a mac address so the packet can be switched across the network to reach the destination, how does this work pc pc's in the wan, does it only use layer 3 ?

Dear All,I need some help. In my network we separate network / department.Examplevlan 1 Financevlan 2 Technicalvlan 3 SellNow We would like to implement DHCP as Centralize Server.DHCP Server has only 1 interface locate in vlan 1How can we config in r...

sirapat by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Current Setup:Our network is comprised of multiple sites around the city. Each site is assigned a specific subnet. For example: Site A ? 10.1.X.X ; Site B ? 10.2.X.X ; Site C ? 10.3.X.XThe sites all tie back in to a central site at it?s router.Begi...

recon3344 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! LAN QoS question

Hello all...wondering if someone can point me to a good link where I can confirm that certain hardware and IOS combinations will support QoS? In particular, the following:cisco 3750 w/IOS c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SECcisco 3550 w/IOS c3550-ipservic...

Now that I have Cat4006 Switch - SSH version 8.4.11.GLX-K9, when I connect with the SSH clent, it keeps giving me a warning that the switch is using SSH1 which has many issues with it. How do I ensure I am using the right SSH and how can I get the Sw...

londint by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes