Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Good Evening All,I was a valid CCNA for 3 years but never did much in the cisco world, I always kept getting these HelpDesk - Technical Support jobs. I want to get back into the world of Cisco because its what intrests me the most, not changing a k/b...

Hi all, im implementing 2 distribution switches in my lan, they are both in seperate server room, is the best way to have each of my access switches connected to both dist switches, and would I also connect the 2 dist switches directly together ?

what is the best way to restrict inter-vlan routing once it has been enabled on a L3 switch? for example, what is the recommended way to allow user traffic to route to the user and server vlans, but keep it from routing to the management vlan and vi...

matt_heff by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!i want to deloy a CORE switch 4507R Switch with VTP Domain TEST & VTP Mode Server.20 switchs belong to this VTP;THE Subnetwork its 10.100.0.0.the question regarding the vlan mangment ip of the access switchs: on the access switch do i need to asig...

alsayed by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2950 with multiple vlans(1-8) each vlan has a mix of public and private IPs. can beconnected to 3600 or 7204VXR, both routers are gateway to the internet. how can i give internet access to 3 vlan in the network?

Hi AllNow that I have upgraded a Cat4006 Switch to the SSH version 8.4.11.GLX-K9. I have also generated the SSH keys and put in a permit ip list.How do I set the Switch up with a username and psssword so that I can use my Client SSH SecureShell to co...

londint by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone tell me when enabling port security,Is all that is needed is the mac of the device on the port security will be enabled on?Will the interface reset and loose connectivty while this is being done?Is there anything to be aware of that could...

I have a catalyst 2950-24 switch in use for part of my floor machines. The switch is connected back into the server and has another switch connected to in the the Gig 2 port. Currently I have 24 IP phones and computers connected to the switch. How...

Jerri3613 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am removing configurations off of old cisco switches. Is there possibly a way to recover a configuration after it has been deleted? Is there a special procedure for cleaning switches so that nobody can recover old data?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card