Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a cisco 2612 and a cisco 2514. I was wondering if I would be able to connect these routers back to back through the cisco 2612 ethernet port and the cisco 2514 AUI1 (Ethernet port with a tranciever)? If this is possible do I need a cross over ...

We have a voice vlan set up to handle our Cisco IP phones. Our edge router at a given site handles the dhcp for the phones (on vlan 3). What is happening is that our phone is sending its dhcp request through it's native vlan (vlan 2) instead of vlan ...

schadmin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all when I use RRAS for my remote access, using vpn, firstly do they normally have 2 network cards, and second, does the external card on it have a public live ip, or a natted address generally ?

Hi all, Can anyone tell me how I would enable this on my router or switch, so my dhcp server can be centralised, and How could I make it so the subnet where the dhcp server sits does not recieve offers for all my scopes setup on the server ?

Hi,I need your urgent help....We have created vlan 51 and 52 on our switch network which consists of 2900 and 3550 series of switches..they are getting IP addresses from DHCP router server...but vlan 51 cannot able to ping within the same vlan only o...

azmath.hk by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have a router set up to download its host config and network config from tftp at boot. it does so successfully, but the network config continues to download periodically every few minutes or so. is this normal?thanks!

matt_heff by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, im im implementing hsrp and I have 2 subnets that need to use it am I best using 2 groups here and have both routers active, 1 in 1 group the other in group 2 ? and do I have to use multiple groups for that ?

I am getting the following error when I start debug on the switch."CPU Interface 0 storage notify failed on queue 1"Cisco Internetwork Operating System SoftwareIOS (tm) C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5.3)WC(1), MAINTENANCE INTERIM ...

Does anyone know if it is possible to go back to the Cisco IOS without Modularity if you have already installed the IOS Modularity on a 6500. I haven't seen anything in the documentation, but I think you could just boot off a new image and delete the...

JHaynes4 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a site to site VPN over a DSL. My DSL line terminates on an 877 router on the one end and a pix 506 on the other end. I have a site-to-site VPN from an ASA on the other side of the 877 and the 506. I have having problems running certain applic...

davidbuit by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes