Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I will be doing some extensive air travel to a remote site and when I get there will need to configure some switches and routers. Does anyone know of an emulator I can run on my laptop to take advantage of time in the air where I can "pre-configure"...

This should be simple, but it's not.I have three 4507s; one is an edge, and the other two are core switch/routers. I want two cables going from the edge ( on separate blades) to trunk to each of the core 4507s. This would mean four wires leaving th...

jimmyc_2 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have five Catalyst 4510R switches in our core network. We run multi-area OSPF in the network. The OSPF root router (maybe not the right term but you get the picture) is working really hard, the CPU reaches 80 ? 90 % at times.It is the following pr...

This is probably a simple/stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer in the reference materials. I have a Catalyst 2924M-XL-A (2U, 24 port, 10/100, with the two big slots in front). When I power it up, all the LED's (ports, SYSTEM, RPS, 1...

beekerc by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I upgraded a 3640 router IOS, but when I rebooted the router, it could not load the IOS and goes to Rom Monitor command. I already saved the old IOS on the TFTP server. Is there some one who knows how to restore the old IOS from the TFTP se...

I'm a little confused on how to set up NAT and where. My router has an ip of 1.1.1.1. My public IP range is 1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.6 of usable IPs. At the current moment the router forwards the traffic to a hub and from there it goes into a device that ...

When upgrading software on a Cat6500 native mode switch and the new code requires 256Mb memory and 64Mb flash does this mean on the MSFC or the Sup or both?

h.parsons by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I just installed CiscoView Device Mgr 1.0 on a new Cat 6509 switch with a single Sup720 running IOS 12.217d)SXB1. The problem is that when I try to launch CVDM by using http://192.168.100.1/flash/cv/applet.html?dynarchives=cvdm-c6500-1.1.sgz, I ge...

osamaokok by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there anyway to do traffic shaping (not policing, or limiting) on a 3550 switch?I used the following format on 3725 router,policy-map metroe class voip priority 192 class dayton shape average 1400500 class 400staunton priority 128 class ...

Hi all ,I want to know the whole process of how computer gets IP address from DHCP server when its in Different VLAN.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card