Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am trying to build a network for my branch office, with VLan switcheds and connectivity with router to router to HQ, It would be the 3 tier architecture,pls help me to build the ip scheme and network diagram.pls mm

Hello everybodyAltough VRF lite (or Mulit VRF) seems to be a Service Provider Tecnology.Does it make sense to use it in an Enterprise Network to isolate Networks from others ?I cant find any design paper which describes if this would make sense.What ...

Hi all, In a network running spanning tree, if there are multiple paths to the root bridge, is it possible for more than one port to be blocked in the network, I was told only one needs to be blocked ?

Hi Sir,I have an IP phone connected to a trunk port. I configured Local SPAN to sniff traffic to/from the phone, as follows:!interface Gig 0/5 desc *** Connection to IP Phone *** switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 10 sw...

Hi all, wehn you add a new switch to a network, am I right in saying until it recieve a bpdu from a neighbour telling it about who the root switch, the new switch assumes its the root ?

Hi,what's the maximum bandwith that we can get out of a 3750 with 24 Ports 10/100/1000 + 4 Gbic ports?I got the info that in such a switch each 12 port's share 1Gbit capacity + each of the 4 Gbic port's another Gigabit for each.Is this true?

jorge.s by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm having a small problem updating the system image of my 871 router and would appreciate any help given.I'm currently running IOS 12.4(4) and would like to update to 12.4(11). I have downloaded the correct image (advipservices), copied it to a ...

Fencer128 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All, I have a switch running DHCP and it looks like it runs out of IPs to give out, then you have to reboot it to get DHCP working again. I know I only have about 100 users, and there is no exceptions except the switch IP itself. It sounds like it ...

jjoseph01 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently ordered 3 x Cisco 3560 Switches. The main reason we bought these switches was to do some MSTP interworking between our own Layer 2 equipment and these Cisco switches. However, the Cisco switches do not follow the BPDU format described in ...

eurosimm by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I wanted to restrict LAN to WAN (traffic going from one vlan to another vlan)traffic on a 3550 switch to particular bandwidth.Can some one help me in providing the required configuration.RegardsSivakondala Rao

Hi,We have two service providers and three Apnic ranges of /24. We are planning to install a 3825 router to connect the two service providers. I guess BGP would be an ideal solution if both service providers be connected in load balancing. I have che...

rush2amol by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All.I have a network with about 20 catalyst 3750 switches connected with each other with 'ring' topology. And all of them is in one VTP domain. One switch is acting as a VTP server and others are VTP clients. Now i need completely remove VTP from ...

It may be a very easy fix for this but I've recently installed a Cisco 4507 Switch at one of my locations and it's working great expect when I try to browse that subnet from my data center on a seperate subnet I cannot browse computers in that locati...

Ok I have 3 2950 48 port switches. I have been rolling my users to the new switches as they have been off the network. Today I came in and it was time to fire up the third switch in the stack. Ok I plugged the gbic into the slot powered up the swi...