Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I need to know the smallest Model for implementing private VLANs. Support for this feature was implemented with IOS 12.2.14, but I've read in the forum here that a Catalyst 2960 doesn't support it. But there is IOS 12.2.25 for it available?! So wh...

hi all, If I want a client to be able to connect to my office via vpn and also to the internet at home, do I need to do split tunneling and is this achieved on the client or do I need to do something on my pix ?

Can anybody please tell me how, is it possible to configure multiple subnets per vlan. Thanks in Advance.Regards,Suresh

We are wanting to be able to track machines as they move around our campus. Is there a way for the switch to send the MAC address it learns on a given port to a central loging server with the MAC, port number and switch ID? How is this accomplished...

bth_dad by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in the situation where i can not have more than 1 Static IP address in one of my branch offices, and the possible soution with available hardware is going to be look like this, INTERNAL SWITCH(OFFICE LAN) 10.250.1.0/24 | | CISCO ASA 5510 (NAT/PA...

msubtain by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Network topo is attached. Pls see it.My question is :After I connected f0/14 and f0/16 which is belong to different vlan,why pc1 still can't communicate with pc2? And why root id of vlan 2 is different with root id of vlan 5 ?In my opinion,root id of...

henrybb by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In context of Cisco Certification tests, what is your opinion if a question uses slash notation when asking the number of useable subnets? Does this imply that a test-taker should use 2**n (classless) instead of 2**n-2 (classful) as the formula to f...

hey there,having an issue where i cant ping the local gateway. here are the detailsNew site - 805 rtr with 12.3 img IP PlusE0 ip address -172.26.12.X/28SER - 172.26.12.X/30EIGRP 1NETWORK 172.26.0.0NO AUTO-SUMthats it basically. i have WAN connectivit...

a.gooding by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! C3750

I'm setting up a C3750 48 port switch in an IDF that connects to our 4006 switch in our MDF. Question is connecting the two switches together VIA fiber does the uplink on both ends have to be a trunk port? "switch port mode trunk" or "switch port mod...

Im trying to set a a policy route on a VLAN interface on a 3750 running 12.2.25(SEE) advanced.After entering the vlan interface I type:ip policy route-map pbrI get no complaints but the line doesn't show up in the config. What am I missing? Does th...

Hi Folks - let me preface by saying I am not all that technical. My issue is that I am trying to figure out the arrangement of ports that will give me a gigabit of connectivity. i.e. my understanding is that on this switch you can plug a device in to...

brafasco1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes