Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have setup routing on various switches before, both port based and VLAN based but I have a 3560G that I can't figure out why my clients cannot see this new network.If I ping a client on the new network from the switch it works fine but from any cli...

Hi...I have a cisco 3725 router.I'm using a wan interface card with 2 port. And There is one a blank interface.but it's printed "DO NOT INSTALL WAN INTERFACE CARDS WITH POWER APPLIED" on the blank interface card faceplate.I dont' know it what means i...

shsong21 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I replaced a faulty 3524XL switch last night with a new one (Same IOS Version/Same Config) and when I plugged in the GBIC and connected it to the other 3524XL switch (Same IOS Version) the link comes up and goes down. The only way I could get the lin...

d-roush by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a basic question, that I hope somebody can explain to me. As I understand it vlan's work on the data link layer, either using ports or MAC addresses to define vlans. If this is the case then why do we need a router (i.e layer 3) network devi...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, I was reading my NAT Design Paper, because I am going to Implement NAT in My Company.Now, I want to ask you for only the Process of Static NAT , to allow External Users ? on internet side ? to ? access a specific server inside my LAN.Which ...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I would like to thank you for your help and your support.However, I am going to implement NAT solution inside my organization with 3 goals:-1- Allow 2 Internal users ( CEO & VP ) to access Internet [using Static], using 2 Real IP assigned fr...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anybody please help me in configuring ISDN PRI E1 line. I am using this link as backup for E1 leased line.Thanks in AdvanceSuresh

Can any tell me how proxy ARP behaves in conjunction with HSRP?What MAC address does the router return as a proxy ARP: its own BIA or the HSRP group address?If it returns the BIA, then there will be no redundant failover for the proxy ARP destination...

I have uploaded new IOS image on my 2600 series router. But now my router doesn't come up. During uploading image it asked to erase the flash but i given "NO" & uploaded image.Image uploaded successfully. after that i given command " boot system flas...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card