Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have just received a Cisco Security Advisory re. the misformed BGP packets and we're having a hard time determining whether the IOS on our BGP routers is affected. We happened to be running the IOS 12.1(5) and this specific IOS is NOT on the list ...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to configure point-point serial interfaces /30. I have enabled ip classless. After typing the ip address and subnet mask, error message: "Bad mask /30 for address 192.168.3.1". Do you know how I can solve the problem. The other 2501 IO...

saidfrh by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm rather new to working with a Cisco equipment. Just switched to it from a Netgear a month ago. Got a weird problem with my Cisco 831 Router at the moment.To send e-mail I need to log into my outgoing SMTP server. But since I install the 831 it...

peterauld by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have checking out some minor cpu issues on one of my cat 2950's. I'vesearched the documentation and cco but can't find the definition of the processanyone can tell me what's mean of proce and is too high cpu load ?20 686486772 157608074 435...

emily by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am new to this question and answer solutions. I wanted to know that we always says router/L3 doesn't supports broadcasts, it drops the all 1's packets. Whereas when I come to the real scenario whenever broadcast storm happens it affects the wh...

I'm quite new to Cisco CatOS and have found the Smarports macros very useful but I would like some guidance on what other users would recommend commands to use for a Basic Desktop and Server Macros.I know all networks are different but if someone cou...

jonhill by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3640 router and i'm needing some basic configuration help with it;since i'm new i'm really sure how to ask the questions i need answers for; my problem is; i can't configure the router as a firewall and dhcp server. from the reading i've don...

cisco by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I am trying to configure priority queuing on my ATM subinterfaces.I specify the priority queue to be an access list.i then create my access list and specify the traffic to be prioritised.I know i can configure it on serial int and fastethernet...

gserghiou by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently we have a firewall device that acts as the gateway to the T1. Have an Avaya IP office inside but our call quality is pretty bad. T1 is running full most of the time. Would like to implement a QoS solution with a 2611 router we have. Is it f...

Hi Everyone,Could anybody please explain to me if the following would work?My question is, would machine 10.10.160.2 be able to ping machine 10.10.160.66? These are on different subnets and all routes in all routing tables are connected.The problem I...