Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am using the new SISF with device tracking, and it does not prevent duplicate IP address.I setup a policy for user port with the following configuration:security-level guarddevice-role nodelimit address-count 1Global: device-tracking tracking auto-...

onibala by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are trying to do upgrade firmware for brand new Cisco 92348 switch using poap. The first 92348 switch had the poap process successfully, then we would like to use that switch as a hub that connect multiple switches to do the poap. The connection i...

cxu21 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I am using Cisco IE-3300 as a distribution switches, so just a question that this switch support DLR(DEVICE LEVEL RING). As per Cisco DOcuments I can see that IE3400 switch support, but not IE3300. So jsut want clarification on this.

I'm a bit confused over C9300 Smart Licensing and I think it may have changed now with IOS-XE 17.x. I work for a Cisco partner and we purchase Cisco kit through VARs.  All C9300 orders must include licenses (Network Essentials & DNA Essentials or Net...

Hello,I am looking for an open source software, preferably based on Windows, that will help me automate backups of configurations and logs from Cisco switches (about 40 devices). Can I ask for recommendations for a solution that will be quite simple ...

ArekWW by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I am trying to configure an MAC ACL on a switch 4500(sup8) and apply it on a Portchannel that is connected to WLC.I have configured the MAC ACL:Extended MAC access list AIROSAPDENYdeny host 309c.245.67a4 anydeny any any (18 matches)and apply...

ifabrizio by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I have a test failover scenario. I want to reload a device and delay the time it takes to come back up.So far the command I have isreload timer 3600I want to reload > wait 20 minutes > then the device will come back up.Can anyone help with ...

RG78874 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

After reading ccie v5 official certification guide i realized that the Feasible distance is an historical value and not a "current" value. But i am trying to understand what is the benefit of keeping this historical value and not update this value wi...

Günübirlik Batum turu, genellikle Türkiye'nin çeşitli bölgelerinden yapılan bir günlük gezi programıdır. Bu tur programı genellikle otobüsle veya uçakla Batum'a gidilir, sabah erken saatlerde başlayıp akşam geç saatlere kadar devam eder.Günübirlik Ba...

How to see whether port-fast is enabled on a port or not ?Here port fast is disabled globally.switch0#sh span sumSwitch is in pvst modeRoot bridge for:Extended system ID           is enabledPortfast Default             is disabledO/p of show spanning...

IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch  Software (cat4500e-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.07.00.E RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4) Following this guide which doesn't line up to what I am seeing in the CLI: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/cata...

Hi Everyone! I need to clarify myself about VLANS. I have a topology like below.  My question is that, does the vlan information from HostA travel across the L3 network and reach the otherside to HostC?  Because I tried this topology and the hosts ar...

ahmedaburaihan_0-1712155818665.png