Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All, I'm not a network guy so please forgive me if I don't grasp some fundamentals.  Objective: Be able to tag a VLAN based on MAC address on SG300 so certain clients get put onto a specific VLAN (and use VLAN groups).  Also, I want to retain the ...

hi  if i opted to upgrade my 5 switch stack one by by one, what would be the sequence for this.will i be upgrading the master 1st or the slaves. what is the best practice? thank you

I have a 4507E-R all set up with one power module. When I press the power on the following lights are seen INPUT OK: Solid GreenFAN OK: LED turns GREEN then off quickly and back on again quickly along with fan spinning up each time LED turns green (f...

jgr208 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have implemented a new C9407R and it is the only one we have that is running 16.12.3 and the only one getting the following error message.000665: May 21 07:29:26.062 EDT: %SYS-5-CONFIG_P: Configured programmatically by process EPM IAL Process from...

GregH.NY by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey folks, I hope I'm posting this correctly,I have a single ASA 5510 with a simple port channel connecting to a pair of Nexus 3K's with a peer link between them.  The 3K's are complaining of mac flapping between the port channel interface and the ph...

Hello Experts I have tried to factory reset my 3560, but it simply won't be posible.....and I have followed the many guides on the web, and in this forum, but with no luck... Thanks in advance    

flash.png
Shavoh by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everybody,I am doing a design of using Catalyst 9500 as Distribution / Spine and Cat9200 as Access Switch / Leafs. I want to use the same construct as the nexus 9000 => VXLAN encapsulation and BGP EVPN as control-plane.I would like to know if i...

Hi there, Could you help me? I have this scenario, a stack from 2 switches, one switch is the master with 15 priority, the second with 14 priority, I want to add 4 new switches to existing stack. 1.- How could I do that?2.- I need to add one by one o...

Zagam by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I've configured NAT on routers using physical interfaces.  And also on a 6500 (Sup720) using a combination of SVI (Inside) and a physical interface (Outside) for the NAT interfaces. But I seem to remember there was a problem when trying to do NAT...

I have a nexus 3172T in vtp client and is running nx-os 7.0.3.I7.6I want to turn vtp mode off or transparent, but apparently I cannot do it. It does not give me any options to do it.I read in another post that vtp in client or server mode is not supp...

geo555 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Forum, I did a sho version on my Cisco 9300 switch stack of 5 switches earlier today.I noticed that 4 of the switches are 9300-48P models but there is one oddball switch which is a 9300-48UXM.See below:Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image Mode-----...

KMNRuser by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card