Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi allI have pair Switch Nexus 5k connect to pair Switch Nexus 2k by eVPC like this:I config on Switch Nexus 5k: Config FEX (105)# fex 105# interface eth2/6# no shutdown# channel-group 105# interface port-channel 105# no shutdown# description Link_FE...

Untitled.png

hi:i know OSPF ,EIGRP and RIP are both network layer protocols . and RIP uses UDP at port 520 EIGRP uses RTP and  protocol number is 88 OSPF 's protocol number 89both EIGRP and RTP are encapsulated into a IP packet 。alright, if i want to use ACL to l...

I was given a VoIP phone to use while working from home and didn't grab a power injector.  Rather than making the drive back to work to get one I thought I would see if I can use a spare Catalyst 3560 POE-8 to power up the phone.  The switch has been...

Resolved! STP on ASA

Hello, See diagram attached. I am planning on implementing the topology depicted on the diagram and wanted to find out if ASAs use BPDUs when their ports are configured as 802.1q ports. Since switch-a and switch-c are connected to asa-a (active) and ...

zekebashi by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Cisco Community I have a question regarding how should Exclude vlans from a VPC Peer-Link, Here's the issue I got a peer-link between 2 VDC on a Nexus7k, I got VPC configured, but there's an issue that Vlans on one side doesnt match the same vl...

fersherls by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When configuring IPv6 egress filter on a nexus 3636C-S sw version 9(3)3 got below:core1-gw-new(config-if)# ipv6 traffic-filter ipv6EgressFilter out This platform does not support the IPv6 address match on egressDoes it mean that this is a limitation ...

Hello,I have a system that consists of two 3750 switches.The SNMP manager software sends the switch the 'get request' command with the following data 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.10101 to 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.10128.  This is requesting the ifOperStatus of the ...

I am RDP'd to a laptop with a console connection on COM4 to a 3850, I open Putty and each character I type is wrong, inconsistently wrong...for example, the following output of what I get from typing the letter "a" repeatedly:   Switch#qu}yyuqy|q~yuy...

01Boxer by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking to wirelessly network my house and I have a basic knowledge of networking and can program it.My question is based on the ports use. When you get the package, it comes with an rj-11 a modem and then something that comes out the router an...

Hello, I have 3850 switches with 16.3.6 IOS version.We have Radius authentication for ssh with a local account as a fallback. When i am trying to connect to a switch from any browser i get the below screen  I have used Windows AD credentials and loca...

Capture.PNG

So I recently learned that Flex Links have been deprecated starting with early IOS-XE 16.x, but that there's a new feature called Flexlink+ that's available as of IOS-XE 16.12.  When I found the config guide chapter for this feature, the config state...

RB6502 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes