Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I just received a Cat 4500 with the IOS, not the CatOs. It is currently only performing layer 2 switch only. I set up telnet and found that I could only telnet to the 4500 from a device that was on the same subnet as the 4500. Although this is a g...

jlhainy by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking at getting one of these routers to play around with and get used to the cisco ios command line. Is it possible to route between 2 of the rj45 ports on this router or is that not possible on this version?

How do I assign the loopback interface to a vlan other than vlan1? I can do it with a CatOS device for the SC0 but is that functionality available in a 6500 running IOS 12.2?

Hi, I am using CSS11501 to load balance my 2 LDAP server. I am using SUN ONE Directory Server as my LDAP. the 2 LDAP server will be access by SUN ONE Identity server.My Problem is when IdentityServer connect to DirectoryServer, it establish the conn...

I can ping everything from the router, but the machines in 172.16.x.x can only ping as far as 192.168.1.1; nothing on the internet.Help!version 12.2!service timestamps debug uptimeservice timestamps log uptimeservice password-encryption!hostname Rout...

I have a basic question ,In windows machine we use ping -t IP address command for continous ping until we stop with Ctrl+C, so is there any method in cisco routers to use the Ping command for infinity until we stop manuallay.

Hi all, I am a novice and I need some help. I have a 1700 router and I need to know what commands to give the router to point an external ip address to an internal ip address. We already have 3 external ip address pointing to 3 internal ip addresses....

When I setup a Cisco 1760 IOS 12.3(12) with autoinstall, NTP doesn't work after the autoinstall procedure. NTP synchronise the router if I reboot the 1760 (without changing anything to the configuration).Anyone has the same problem and find a solutio...

vzufferey by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a Cat-3550 switch that has another vlan (vlan2) defined in addition to the Management Vlan (Vlan1). A 2600 router is patched into a Vlan1 port on the switch out of its inside interface (FE0). In addition to the router, an NT machine is patche...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I hv catalyst 2950 switch pulgged into the network unconfigured,I want to access it through my PC to manage it.How can i manage itwithout unplugging from running network , without consol cable or any third partytools.

I purchased a Cisco router (2514)from eBay and it came with everything to hook this router up however I was wondering how I can tell what IOS it is running and how I can see what the latest version IOS is available for this router? The documentaion t...

Hello to all...I have a Catalyst 4006 that is low on NVRAM. Please see the following...Cisco Catalyst 4006 ver = cat4000-k8.7-4-2.binI received the following Cisco Works DFM message...InCharge Domain : DFM Active: Switch TRUE AdvCtrC4006-01TC1 Res...

melwoods by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I would like some help and suggestions no a QoS issue.Consider the following scenario.Two remote locations are connected via a 2Mbps link.This link is FR at one location on a 1721 router, and the other end is an ATM interface ona 3600 series r...

dukenukem by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes