Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

It's my first time configuring multicast on a switch. Do I need to configure both Layer 3 and Layer 2 for multicast on a single VLAN that is in DHCP? Should I enable IP multicast routing on Layer 3 and PIM sparse-mode on that VLAN? Also, do I need to...

I am trying to connect three servers with static IP addresses on the LAN Ports (0-3) of a C921. If I try to assign a static IP address to Port 0, it is refused with a message stating the an IP address cannot be assigned to a Layer 4 port. Is there a ...

snwhi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the best practice when it comes to using DAI, UDLD, and BPDU Guard together?Usually, on trunk ports I set DAI to "trusted" when it is feeding other managed switches or equipment but endpoints I have it set to not trusted for anything else.Wit...

Hello Team,I'm trying to do a Nexus 7K lab, but when I try to activate (feature lacp) it gives me error message as below.7K-1(config)# feature lacpErrorIf somebody experience the same issue and what's the fix for this issue.Please let me know. Thank ...

Hi,I'm a bit confused about the following.I want to stack two CBS350-24XS devices in native mode, as they are the same model. However, I'm trying to determine the maximum size of the ARP table, but I'm finding conflicting information. From what I can...

We are experiencing an unusual issue concerning SSH connections to Cisco 9200L switches. We recently migrated from Cisco 2960 switches to Cisco 9200L models. When connecting from the same network using a Linux server, SSH to the switches works succes...

bristi by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Good day,Can someone let me know if the Cisco catalyst 4948 power supply is hot swappable or not. I have a few switches with 2 power supplies, but each have 1 power supply fan not functioning (got this info. from the NMS as well as seeing red light o...

kevrmf by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card