cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

I want to deploy a wlan over a 5 km area but am very concerned about roaming between APs. Will a client moving between deployed APs experience a dropout of signal or will it handoff smoothly? The client is mobile and has a cisco 1300 series Bridge/...

mapacilio by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Following up the previous discussions on powering the LAP1242AG through PoE IEEE 802.3af, is there a way to monitor, using SNMP, the input voltage if (a) using IEEE 802.3af and/or (b) using external power 36-57 VDC?

niklas by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I have a 1242AG using ver 12.3(8)JA2. I want to configure the access point to use1.WPA2.EAP-TLS for authentication3.TKIP for airlink encryptionThe problem I am having is after I configure the SSID and authentication I can't seem to get the rest c...

mrashby by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way to measure the internal temperature in a LAP1242AG? There is a meter in the 2106 WLC, but it would be nice to monitor also the access points placed around a campus.

niklas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi i have a cisco 1242AG lap that uses PoE and connects to a C2950-24 switch.When connected to the switch via a power injector or directly to the swicth with TP cable the access point does powerup but after that the reports that the power is too low....

every how long meter can put the mesh access ponits?also what is the best way to do the site survey for mesh networkthanks

First time using Cisco was a Motorola user at my old company. I have is set up as a root bridge and have about 3 remote sites all about 2 miles away just using point to point. I have the root set tp max power. One remote keeps disconnecting a few tim...

Deployed and setup for the first time. (4404,2700 and WCS). All the device are communicating to each other.Snmp v1/2 setup at the Controller pointing to WCS. The time of the devices are the same with ntp setup. All with the latest version Software. M...

rochaan72 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got a problem getting a laptop to authenticate through the 1130. The setup is like this:LAPTOP configured with network operating mode, enterprise security, open authentication, no encryption, enable 802.1x, authentication type LEAP, with usernam...

Hi guys, I have a Cisco 857W wireless ADSL router and I can get my windows XP w/s to connect but no IP address is assigned. I get a message saying limited or no conenctivity.Relevant config is:interface Dot11Radio0 description Wireless LAN no ip addr...

Hello, I have an 851W ISR and I have encountered this serious problem:The network is as follows:An wireless networked bridged with all fastethernet ports.The problem is that I couldn't ping any other wireless clients, so I've installed a network snif...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card