MPLS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

Processing Labeled IPv4 Datagrams which are Too Big If a labeled IPv4 datagram is "too big", and the DF bit is not set in its IP header, then the LSR MAY silently discard the datagram. Note that discarding such datagrams is a sensible procedure...

Has anyone used Pseudowire over Traffic Enginnering MPLS?What i would like to do is setup the MPLS TE using OSPF, built layer 3 tunnels between sites and then use Pseudowire to extend vlans over the TE MPLS tunnels and isolate the vlans using VRF-Lit...

A Customer's end-to-end throughput shows a tcp generated traffic volume does not exceed 30M The customer has bought 400M The Main site is configured for 400M on the Wan int whilst the 3branches are configured for 100M eachAll the configuration seem t...

Kwamet by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We need to configure export and import RTs in a VRF so that while VPNv4 routes are exchanged between PEs so that PE will know which VRF a particular VPNv4 route has to be installed based on RTs. If RTs are not configured, then routes will not be inst...

souagarw by Cisco Employee
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone, sorry in advance for this very basic MPLS question :o)Documentation says that a border LSR will tell the PhP router to use the "implicit null" label for directly connected or summarized routes.¿How does the last hop router know whic...

Hi,I want to understand the frame-relay interface-dlci switched command on router. I know it is used for local switching, but what this command exectly does? is it emulating router to behave like a frame-relay switch for particular interfaces (not a...

Hi folks,how that command works, and why it don't need to be configured on an ASBR that is functioning as RR?Thank you very much for your supportRegardsAndrea

ariela by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have created Following Topology...R1-----R2-----R3----R4I used OSPF in between all of them and created Targeted LDP session in between R1 and R4.There is no Mpls enabled on the interfaces.I can see there is LDP neighbourship in between R1 and R4.Is...

Hi, I have a scenario whereby I want traffic from Site C to load-balance between Site A and Site B which connects to the LAN. My question is :-1) Can the mpls vpn be setup as strict mode to allow traffic from site C to load-balance traffic to Site ...

InternetB by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi, i have one atm sub-interface configured as follow:interface ATM2/0/0.20100201 point-to-point ip vrf forwarding test ip address 10.14.2.181 255.255.255.252 atm route-bridged ip atm pppatm passive pvc 201/201 class-vc rbeip route vrf test 0.0.0.0...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/fteipece.htmlthis is configured on PE routers, however most of our providers for our customers are reporting they do not support it. Aside from buidling DMVPN tunnels over the MPLS netw...

glenthms by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,can anybody tell me that is ATM technology still used in today's adv.network topology vs.frame mode technology? i am asking this question bcs some of my friends told me that nobody using this ATM Tech therefore no need of invest of time to study.....

Hi,In the case of Enterprise MPLS where VPN's are used to separate business units (a few dozen), with the entry points all firewalled, what is "best practise" regarding the inter-VPN communication?I've seen a couple of approaches, but they all involv...