Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

The Exchange Mail servers run ESMTP.The only way the PIX Firewall allows ESMTP is to disable the fixup protocol smtp 25.Does this not create security expsoures on the firewall for SMTP.Is there a way to customize mailguard to protect SMTP and still a...

johnnys by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have VMS server version 2.2, and I have set the back up job for the IDSDB every night. Unfortunately, for some reason the backup job failed many time. However, the IDSDB size is 2,134,984KB.Any idea why it is failed???Thank you,

Resolved! Failover

I have my LAN failover setup working fine. As far I have understoof "failover reset" command, it helps in handing the control back to default setting of failover. That means, the PIX defined as primary unit will take control as Active one. I have ...

Can anyone tell me what i must do to login and configure a 4215 IDS sensor. When the system boots i have two options "Option 0" and "Option 1" option one is recovery so i am assuming its option 0. The system is running Linux.I'm stumped, i really d...

ptaylor51 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,two routers connected via a serial WAN line. We want to encapsulate traffic from one LAN segment to the LAN at the other end. I am able to establish the "Tunnel 10" and can ping the respective remote IP of the Tunnel interfaces. However : When...

gprokschg by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to find out if any one on the list has suggestions for the signature 3136. This is the Netsky virus activity event. Is there a way to summarise the event other than turn it off?

Does anyone know of an easier way to detect outsider attacks from PIX syslogs? I'm currently going line by line through all the syslogs and this is extremely time consuming. Anybody have any suggestions or software that will make things easier? Any t...

I have this behhavior on the following config:Cisco VPN client 4.0.4 connecting to a 3030 Concentrator that uses external groups on an ACS with all the policy pushed from there. When I try to connect everything seems to be correct the client does not...

thibaus by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Would greatly apprecaite if any feedback is provided if the following scenario is workable,Switches: EAPOL capableRadius server : ACS 3.2Requirement: When a user logs into the network, the users is assigned to a temporary VLAN, in whic...

fijog by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes