Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Good day everyone, i need to create a Read-only and i already created it in my switch. As soon as i place the username and password it goes straight to global configuration. I need to set it that after i place the credentials it goes to switch> Pleas...

Can you only manually prune vlans to allow all vlans to traverse the link when you have a trunk between a VTP server and Transparent switch? Are there any other options?

hmc250000 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Can Anyone Direct me to a configuration guide for a 6840-X-LE-40G?  All i can seem to find is a Config guide for the SUP2T management interfaces and that doesn't appear to be the same for the 6840 fixed series.  We are trying to set up the Mgmt 0 ...

amberb85 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a quick question. The MGMT0 interfaces are being used for peer-keepalive between the switches. The MGMT0 interfaces are connected via a crossover cable (think), not via an intermediate switch. Can you advise if the best practice is to connect ...

Hi all, Currently we have some issue with ssh connection to some switch, i think rsa keys could be problem. I want to do crypto key zeroize command, but I'm afraid it will also delete crypto pki self signed part: crypto pki trustpoint SLA-TrustPointe...

Kenny_M8 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i used to have IOS issue with my 4506-Sup6-E Switch,i was able to recover it using a TFTP server but it still goes to ROMMON mode every time it reboots. i tried changing the cofig-register to 0x2102 but it can't take any effect either. Can you help ...

Geze2498 by Level 1
  • 25 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

WE have a 10Gb metro ethernet link between site A and site B. both have a 3850 L3 switch and the link is configured as trunk. the pxe client is an access port with portfast configured on vlan 2. The WDS server is connected to vlan 3 on the L3 switch ...

hmc250000 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes