Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi,we got an issue on a secondary core C3850 3.6.4 which consistently averaging a CPU of 50%+we got another primary C3850 3.6.4 but has only 2% CPU ave.not sure what could be the culprit. any ideas? C3850#show processes cpu sort | exclude 0.0Core 0: ...

Hi guys, I am planning to create a VDC  on Nexus7009 running 7.3.2.D1.3a with N7K-SUP2 / F3 modules.Just wondering if there is a chance to cause any disruption to the switch operation so that I can determine if this can be done business hours. The sw...

Dear Experts I was choosing a Catalyst 9500 switch C9500-16X/C9500-24Y4C, which is having a switching capacity of 480Gbps and 2 TBPS so lets assume if it is configured in stackwise virtual it provide me 480X2=960 GBPs throughput and for 24 port it wi...

adamgibs7 by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to configure remote-span on my lab, my switches are configured with VTP ( on switch as server ,other are clients).My issue is that I can't edit vlan to configure the remote-span.I get this messageVTP VLAN configuration not allowed when ...

medharrak by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts,  I want to implement PBR on two VLANs of our L3 Switch and I need to know if that goes to have a huge impact in the perfomance of the Switch. Also I want to know if the PBR affects all the traffic of the VLANs or just impact the packet...

Hi I need to identify an access switch model with the following specs: POE48 ports2-4 SFP / SFP+ portsLanbase software We currently have Catalyst 2960s, but I can see that these are EOL now.  Could anyone advise on newer models that are similar pleas...

wcoxy by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am studying CEF and know the basic working of CEF. However, I need help in following questions:Question 1: I understand that CEF uses mainly Prefix, NextHop, and Interface information in its table to forward packet. It seems that Packets are ...

ciscogeek by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just came accross the following problem: ACL entries are renumbered when issuing the write memory CLI command. And this is a problem for me because I use the EEM to insert and possibly delete entries in ACL dynamically. And I therefore need the ACL...

I am looking for a L3 POE+ switch and come across the SG300-10PP and the SG350-10P.  Both are L3 and support 802.3at POE+ with max 62w.  The SG350 is newer and cost 60% more than the SG300.  Can someone explain the difference between the 2 series ple...

Patrick K. by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I made a network and implemented VLANs and everything is working except that i cannot ping past the gateway of the router on a stick from the VLANs. Everything in the VLAN network can communicate fine and also receives DHCP from outside the VLAN netw...

I have a C3120X and there is a route that will not remove from the device.  MIC0001-BL#sh ip routeDefault gateway is 10.15.1.7Host Gateway Last Use Total Uses Interface10.8.1.1 10.15.1.8 1:32 8 Vlan10050.116.52.97 10.15.1.8 0:02 28 Vlan10010.8.8.19 1...

Does anyone have a explanation for this problem. Since these model switches were introduced to our network, logs report a never-ending Up-Down on random interfaces. I included a screen shot of the log under body message. I found this reference in cis...

Current I have the following network design (cisco 6500 – site 1)--------trunk------------(cisco 6500 – site 2) The 6500’s are configured to share certain vlans between both sites. On vlan 777 I also do OSPF for IGP between locations.  Current 6500 t...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card