Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,   I have a switch cisco ME3400: Switch  Ports  Model                         SW Version          SW Image ------  ---    ----------------  ----------          ---------- * 1        26    ME-3400E-24TS-M 12.2(60)EZ11        ME340x-METROBASEK9-M...

Yacine BS by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

One big issue i always had with Cisco IOS is, that the interface names are named after the max ethernet standard speed they support.   FastEthernet GigabitEthernet TenGigabitEthernetFortyGigabitEthernet This becomes especially annoying if you use a n...

Hello everyone,We have a cisco 3850 which version is 03.07.04.EI have found that the delay is so high when I telnet 10.80.1.241 . And I knock to command being delay.But at the same time other switches' delay is normal except 10.80.1.241 . after a whi...

Resolved! 2960X-24TS-LL

Hi,    Need help with understanding stacking on 2960X-24TS-LL.    Customer wants to stack two 2960X-24TS-LL and I found a document stating that the stacking module is not available.   "The FlexStack-Plus module slot is not available on the Catalyst 2...

Hi All,am using GNS3, and have the 16port switching module. I have created a PC instance and connecting to f/0/0 which is a layer 3 port, I can connect via layer 3 IPs. I then reconfigured and connected the PC instance via a layer 2 port f2/0 which i...

My ISP is using a STB that uses multicast to receive TV channels and I have a setup working with pfSense and igmpproxy but I was wondering if I could simplify my setup running the TV stuff on my Cisco switch.  Currently my setup is like this: VLAN X/...

oyvindbj by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I am studying for CCNP switching. I am trying to apply the spanning-tree guard loop in my virtual lab. I set the port of the root instance 1 switch Gi0/2 as  spanning-tree bpduguard enable. I have connected to that port another switch settin...

giacomo12 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I could not find 10Gbase-T SFP in Cisco, does Cisco have this? What about Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU1M....?   Also could someone please tell if below switches can be used for 10G use on all 24/48 ports? That is can the end user connect 10G devices on all...

This is a question for someone with a lot of experience networking application servers or for a network engineer who worked intimately to support a team or someone who did.If I were going to roll out a new suite of applications (JD Edwards Enterprise...

lamav by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I would like to know if someone has already seen this error on Nexus 3000. (6.0.2.A3.1) I can't change default port for "logging server". No option in CLI logging server 10.X.X.X 5 use-vrf management facility syslog Logging server: enabled{10....

jean1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes