Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All, On a switch, we have vlan 10 for voice and if I set the port to static access vlan 10, the phone does say bad router. I need to issue switchport voice vlan 10 to  make it work. Am I correct in assuming the phone must be either trunk or have...

cisco8887 by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello all,   i have c3850 that needs to be connected to 1G circuit. Currently on c3850, nm-4-10g is installed. i'm using SFP, glc-lh-sm, ("1000BaseLX SFP") for the port. Is that SFP compatible with network module that I have? or does NM-4-10g only su...

leej48 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,is it possible to use the programmability API to develop a DHCP server on nexus 5K?is it possible to achieve this with python?

istr by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Folks,I am new to networking and I have a task to create a network using 5*2950 switches and 2*3750 stacked,I need to create 5 vlans to 5 departments and enable routing so that some users within a specific vlan can communicate with some (not all...

Jondeep by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want tp upgrade a catalyst "WS-C6506-E" with  Supervisor Engine 720 10G, MSFC3 Daughterboard VS-F6K-MSFC3 from  12.2(33)SXJ to 151-2.SY12. After the upgrading do I need to install a new license or the old license will be used automatically?   

what is the reasons for this and how can I get back my postits very important and there is a lot of  important replies and conversation in itcan you please help me

Capture.PNG

We have a 3850-24T showing high packet drops on some interfaces, have read various post and recommendations around this but my suspicion is the switch may have been underspec'd, from day 1 and any buffer tweaking will yield little/no benefit.   Is th...

Hello, I'm trying to find out what type of USB ports are on the CP-8861. I have read the data sheet.Contacted support (who sent me here after a long run around) though I have no clear answer. .5A, 5V suggests USB 2.0 and I'm guessing from the picture...

datasheet8861.PNG
C.oReilly by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,   I am working on a scenario where i have application firewall in place at edge of the network (internet edge) for the purpose of application and content filtering, besides that i have Cisco 3750 switch which is right now configured with a ...

M Talha by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card