Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 2960-X stack with 4 switches in a stack configuration. I have one touch via SFP (te1/0/1) to my core and was wondering if i could setup a second touch to my core switch from the last switch in the stack te4/0/1 for redundancy? If so how woul...

Hello, I have a Dell EqualLogic PS4210 storage array and a Dell R730 server attached to a Cisco SG200 50 port smart switch.  Using vsphere vcenter I configured the host and the ports on the array, but I can't seem to get the ports on the switch confi...

eleach by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

2 questions, actually:   1. Which port is which? 2. Why am I seeing ten gig ports in the switch config?   I have "inherited" a stack of 3 3750x-48's. Each one has its own C3KX-NM-1G module with 4 ports. Each C3KX-NM-1G has 2 GLC-SX-MM gbics installed...

bhagen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

There're some options like: perSONAR, OWAMP, Netnorad?. About the last one - it's a tool that was created by Facebook engineering to monitor their DC. The best thing about Netnorad is that the tool is able to randomize source port numbers, so the pol...

from88 by Level 4
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,   I am trying to to identify issue on network that consist Catalyst 4510R +E , having two  L3 Vlan's. 172.28.0.0/16 <<>>10.151.1.0/24 We have application that connecting to a server that reside on 10.151.1.124 tcp port 5080 , and thee issu...

Tbaror123 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts, We have a few remote sites with dedicated internet access (mostly 1 Mbps up/down). We have configured GRE tunnels back to the HQ. In each location, we have maximum two users with Internet access which will use the same internet connect...

License by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have som problem with DHCP snooping working with DAI. Can anyone explain to me, why I am getting those invalid ARP req? ARP inspection is configured like this: Source Mac Validation      : EnabledDestination Mac Validation : DisabledIP Addre...

vlad0 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,   I have a few questions on multicast show output. I am running in Dense mode and need to understand few things from the out put below. This is from one of the routers in the tree which is neither source not connected to receiver.    R4#sh ip mro...

Sunshine by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I try to do a SPAN on my Cisco Nexus 7009 (6.2(16) N7K-SUP2 / N7K-F248XP-25). I monitor a source interface Po3(20G) to a destination E4/24 (1G). I don't have more 1Gbit/s traffic on my port-channel, and i don't carre if the traffic is drop. ...

Hello,  In my work we distrubted the switches as :2 Core Switch ---> 10 DS switches ---> 80 Edge switches   My question is: Where to apply "switchport trunk allowed vlans", is it better to apply it on core, DS or both ?   Thanks

7mnRais by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes