Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Experts, We have a few remote sites with dedicated internet access (mostly 1 Mbps up/down). We have configured GRE tunnels back to the HQ. In each location, we have maximum two users with Internet access which will use the same internet connect...

License by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have som problem with DHCP snooping working with DAI. Can anyone explain to me, why I am getting those invalid ARP req? ARP inspection is configured like this: Source Mac Validation      : EnabledDestination Mac Validation : DisabledIP Addre...

vlad0 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,   I have a few questions on multicast show output. I am running in Dense mode and need to understand few things from the out put below. This is from one of the routers in the tree which is neither source not connected to receiver.    R4#sh ip mro...

Sunshine by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I try to do a SPAN on my Cisco Nexus 7009 (6.2(16) N7K-SUP2 / N7K-F248XP-25). I monitor a source interface Po3(20G) to a destination E4/24 (1G). I don't have more 1Gbit/s traffic on my port-channel, and i don't carre if the traffic is drop. ...

Hello,  In my work we distrubted the switches as :2 Core Switch ---> 10 DS switches ---> 80 Edge switches   My question is: Where to apply "switchport trunk allowed vlans", is it better to apply it on core, DS or both ?   Thanks

7mnRais by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working on a project to build a tenant bolt on site model with a pair of core switches. One high level design had 4500s utilizaing  VSS.  Though VSS is a great technology I am concerned if I commit a client to a remote site bolt on model with ea...

Hi,   We have been facing a strange issue in our network. When we implement an ACL on a router or a L3 switch at branch end the Citrix App launch or any other web services are getting slow. But when we access the same application without ACL, it's ve...

hi guys,I know the information is on the internet but could you give me an easy to understand comparison/differences on VSS,stackwise and VPC.What are the differences or how does each technology differ from the other? On what scenario is one technolo...

I have already posted my question here so not trying to explain it over again. Do you have any idea?    https://networkengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/46376/cisco-asr1006-esp40-high-cpu-utilization?noredirect=1#comment78209_46376