Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

So we have two switches going over a fiber link.  One side is showing up/up and the other is showing down.  Both are hard coded to 100/full.  One side is going through a media converter that has been tested.  The side that is up/up cannot see far end...

Hi,   Please help to know, in my network 3 3850 switches stacked and it working but i just see that FAN of any one the switch is not flowing and LED status of Rear end of all 3 switches are GREEN.   I check with show env all command and everything is...

gauravvgl by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

SFP

Hi Team ,   I have a CISCO7609 running with "c7600s72033-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRE8.bin" Ios where i am getting below error on the SFP port once inserting the Transceiver on that port.   %SMC-DFC9-2-BAD_ID_HW: Failed Identification Test in 0/0/9 ...

Robo123 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team,    As i am facing the below issue in my SF-300 switch. Snmp and etherchannel not working 1) I want to know whether this switch will support the above mentioned features. If so which version will support. Please share proper cisco documents f...

Robo123 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Allow only web traffic to the company web server with IP address 10.1.2.3. Allow connections from the outside to access the SMTP port on the email server with IP address 10.1.2.2, but deny any other traffic.Allow all employees within the company to s...

Gamble669 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi Experts, i have 3 access point cisco Air-lap1142N-e-k9.   when i connect it with DHCP, i see AP received IP from DHCP. but when i type ip on chrome not connect web config AP. i see alert refuse connect. see lights change from Green -> Orange -> re...

Resolved! Re-routing Traffic

What is the best way to stop and re-route traffic across OSPF enabled devices?     A server (SrvA) is connected a router (RtrA) running OSPF (Area 1) connected to a switch (SwA) which is connected via OSPF (Area0) to a different switch (SwB) running ...

Hi,   I have a VACL configured as below:   access-list 100 permit ip 172.16.1.0 0.0.0.127 host 172.16.0.52 vlan access-map ABC 10 match ip address 100 action drop vlan access-map ABC 20 action forward vlan filter cls vlan-list 1   Now this VACL ...

It is my understanding that, when initially forming a neighbor adjacency in OSPF routers will exchange Database Descriptors. Based on the headers received during this exchange, the routers will then send each other Link State Requests for any info (l...

mmanthe by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have done 2 Meraki test deployments, one behind a Fortigate and another behind an ASA. During the Fortigate deployment we found the best way to tackle this was to plug the Meraki into a switchport that had no native trunk VLAN. This would set it to...

rcolt by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,   I want to create special VLAN for some. I'll connect one unmanaged switch to Cisco 2960 port. I want to configure special VLAN and route the traffic directly to firewall and if it is possible also enable DHCP on that VLAN. There are other...

Izac ICT by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

With the SG300 series switches you choose layer 2 or 3 mode for the entire switch in the Administration section. The SG350 does not have that setting. It has a 2 or 3 on each and every port. To get the same effect as before do I need to change each p...