Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are looking at the option of install a Meraki AP at a remote site in instead of a Cisco 2802i access point. We will upgrade the IOS on the 3560-X to ipservices to support VRF tunnels for Guest Internet needed at the location. My question is, can t...

Hi,   We have existing network of core switch and one main router. All vlans traffic was going out from main router. Now, we have decided to isolate guest network from corporate network. So, I connected secondary router with same core switch port. No...

techguy by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   does all switches need to have the same region name or it's only locally known ?   I'm talking about this command :   spanning-tree mst configuration  name XXXXX   thanks

VinnyB by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone. One of our contractors mounted a couple new cisco IE 3000 switches in a process-area cabinet. They are not connected to anything on our network yet and I noticed there is a sticker on the front that caught my attention. It is hologram-lo...

paulk by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts, Could you please suggest if this is a valid ACL statement.   I want to restrict access from vlan20(172.20.2.0/24 Network) to other vlan. Also need to permit access to my WAN Devices which is of ip address, 172.20.4.2,172.20.4.4 and 172.20...

Hi,I need restricted access to another VLAN for TFTP traffic. So I´ve created an ACL like this:permit udp 192.168.30.0 0.0.0.255 host 192.168.40.10 eq tftpI add this ACL to the source interface (192.168.30.0) as INCOMING.The tftp request to the tftp ...

Hi,   From the “Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4000, 4010 and 5000 Switch Software Configuration Guide”, “Chapter: How to Configure EtherChannels”, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/cisco_ie4010/software/release/15-2_4_EC/configuration/gu...

EE_36220 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi friends  we are using  sonicwall NSA 2400 series firewall with 46 mbps leased line connection. most of the time my firewall cpu utlization gets nearly 98 percent . due to this my network is getting struck. we are using 2 cisco 2960 series switch. ...

prince.p by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. every body    I've any question about concetp switch stack   1. I've 2 switch stack.   If swtich stack master is fail . when show interface status  in switch , how is it the port id  ?  G1/0/xx , G2/0/xx    2. If i'll upgrade ios on switch stack....

bird_th by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all I just recently run the really great Cisco CLI Analyzer on one of my Nexus switches, where various servers, including VMware ESX ones, are connected to. The tool then showed me a "Danger"classified event, named "NXOS Spanning Tree Health Ch...

patoberli by VIP Alumni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes