Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,   Just had a query around BGP convergence. So from what i understand   Router 1 > Router 2 Direct EBGP session. If we shutdown the neighbor or the interface convergence should be pretty much straight away ie no waiting for timers.    Router 1...

jay_7301 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

why do we do sub-netting? what is its primary goal in network? we do sub-netting to group like users or to optimize use of IP?what role sub-netting play in LAN?anyone please help me answering above questions.   thanks is advance!

abprataps by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 891F router that was intended to connect via the SFP port to a IE3000-4TC. One pair of SFPs (GLC-FE-100LX) were purchased. Both appeared as compatible in the compatibility matrix.    However on the 891F I have speed 100 hard set, unable to c...

seanwaite by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How secure are VLANs? Reason I ask is I am creating several vlans on our network that must not be able to talk to each other, or be hacked to access another vlan. I have never really worried to much, but this setup is a little different. I have acces...

Hi Guys,   I am working on converged network project for large campus network. I hope to get some advice from gurus out there.   This is the general setup of their network at the moment; Core - 2x Nexus 7k Distribution - Catalyst 4500X Access - Catal...

senguu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes