Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dears, as it is mentioned in the below link  that while entering the peer switch command it behaves like one switch by which command i can see the same bridge ID ???? as if now when i can see the show spanning-tree vlan X it shows me core2 as a root ...

adamgibs7 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello, I cannot reach 8.8.8.8 base on source ip address 192.168.207.0 network using policy base route map and I have the next hop to 192.168.0.2 which is the core switch. from the core I can ping 8.8.8.8 fine because it has the default route to 192....

I have a known working SFP and C3850-NM-1G, known working connection..  We recently installed the new 3850 switch as our core at one of our buildings to replace a 3750.  When connecting the SFP, I am not getting a connection light on the port.  We in...

Hi and thanks in advance, I have a 2960XR that will act as a layer 3 router for multiple VLAN's. The 2960 XR has an EtherChannel to another switch that has the VLAN's with the physical devices connected. I don't have any physical ports on the 2960XR...

Hello, I have a home lab that consists of 2 3550's and 1 1841 router. I'm learning about VLANs and trunking, and how to configure them. I've included a topology of the exact network that I've build to give you a better understanding of what i'm tryin...

mixa152 by Level 1
  • 37 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a confusion in the RIP timers please make me correct if i am wrong.I think that if a router is does not  receive a update for a duration of 30 + 180(invalid time)  seconds it will make the route as invalid.And after waiting for another 180 s...

Hi, I have a access switch with a 10gb upstream interface and a 1gb downstream interface, i can see from the show interfaces [int] that traffic is being dropped on the upstream downstream direction. TenGigabitEthernet1/1 is up, line protocol is up (...

Hi! I need to know if the model ws-c3850-12x48u-s has 48 ports 10/100/1000 or only 36 are 10/100/1000 and the 12 are 1gb/10gb. In some cisco specs i saw both descriptions.  Example: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-...

m.milano by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Could anyone help me to understand what are misdirected packets drops in DHCP snooping statistics ? C3-2960#sh ip dhcp snooping statistics detail   Packets Processed by DHCP Snooping                    = 321072  Packets Dropped Because     IDB n...