Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Friends , We have snmp traps enabling  on our networking devices, roughly 250 ( Routers+switches). On all Wan (internet facing) routers , we have more or less the below traps enabled :   #sh run | i traps snmp-server enable traps snmp authenticatio...

Resolved! 2960x ssh denied

I have setup ssh on several switches, but I am about to be defeated by the 2960X series. Previously I have set it up using aaa model as per documentation, but hasn't helped.  I am now also trying another method without aaa model and still coming up s...

Hi guys I have a router RVS4000 and need to reset the password but I need to keep the actual configuration, "IS VERY IMPORT", the guy that use to handle the network pass away and unfortunately he don't left any notes about it. is there anyway to do i...

carlos by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a 3650 L3 Cisco switch. I'm curious if someone can assist me with the following 2 questions: 1. How do I a simple search for a specific IP address or subnet on the switch to see if any VLAN has it configured already? I have a massive am...

I have a 3750X switch stack(2 switches) using them as Distribution switch. Sw2 is the master and Sw1 is member.  From Distribution switch, we have multiple interfaces bundled as port-channel and uplink to the Core and access switches. issue: As soon ...

vatter by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am connecting a Cisco 3650 to AT&T ASE network. We have a CIR at 50Mb connected to a 100Mb port. I need to limit the bandwidth at the switch. We also are using Cisco 3750 and in them we are able to use " srr-queue bandwidth limit 50" on the interfa...

gulledgek by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! BGP Failover

I am trying to get bgp failover working between two routers.  BGP is up with both ISPs but I cannot figure out how to get the failover working.  I've been reading various documentation fro two days now and I am still stuck.  My ASN is 393235.  The IS...

Hello, My question isn't so much about Cisco VLAN configuration, but other switch vendors as they compare to Cisco's implementation. I'm still learning VLAN principles and it setting up a couple VLANs between Cisco hardware and non-Cisco hardware, I...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card