Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Below is my output.  Why is it that MST1 has a root cost of 100000 while MST0 has a cost of 0?  The same bridge is the root for both of those instances and I have not modified the cost for any of the ports.#sh spanning-tree root                      ...

vincehgov by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi There, Can somebody help me here to resolve the issue - half stack/speed. Is there compatibility issue or how can i resolve it. Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                 ------ ----- -----              --------...

Abhi Krsn by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an oddity where the reported MAC ID of switches using CLI is not correct at last pair of digits. This anomaly is consistent across all 4 2000s that I have. 3 of my switches have MACs that end in .00. But when I look at the MAC ID  using CLI, t...

Hello Everyone,  If i want to change my vpc domain in nexus 5k,  will be there any impact on connected servers. at present vpc domain id is 1 and want to change it 100. Please suggest. Best Regards Ashish  

Some one has stopped service in cisco uccx  . any one has idea which log i have to point to find the ip address of the culprit. kindly help me in this  it is very serious for me 

Hi all, Just wanted to let you know we experienced the following problems when upgrading a 5548UP to Version 7.2 (no issu, plain disruptive reboot) From 5.2(1)N1(4) --> to 7.2(1)N1(1) NOTE: power sequencer module 1 is upgraded from 2.0 -> 3.0 durin...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question about fex.I am trying to replace the fex product. If you remove the cable when you replace it, please answer if you know whether the fex related config of the backbone device that is linked with fex is left or it is blown.

Hi, I've got one stack of two Cisco Catalyst 2960S switches and one stack of three Cisco 2960S switches. Between these I have 4 Cat5 ethernet cables. What would be the best way of configuring the links between the two stacks? I'm thinking of a Cross-...

Hi experts, I'm studying for CCNP Route and have some question regarding OSPF route summarization. I have attached my topology below. In R1, i have several 172.160.0.0 subnets and i have summarize it on the ABR(R2) In R5, I have several 200.0.0.0 sub...

Hi everyone,I am quiet new to packet tracer. I am currently having trouble with creating an access control list for my packet tracer file. I am aware of the deny and permit commands, but not to sure what 2nd IP address should be used at the source of...

Dear All, I have been facing an issue where users complains of not getting an IP address from DHCP server although i have done all the necessary configuration and checked multiple times. I am using 3650 switch with built in wireless controller for my...

M Talha by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes