Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Wondering if anyone can help me out here. My server admin has asked me to redirect any port 443 traffic that is destined to one server to go to another server that is on the same VLAN. The servers themselves are on a separate VLAN from the rest of t...

I am verifying an inventory for a client for which my company is upgrading the network equipment. I have a few serial numbers without the model number on my inventory and wanted to know how I can look up a device and get the model number. I do not ha...

I have Catalyst 4900M switches I want to trunk across DWDM metro-net but can not get my switches to recognize the CVR-X2-SPF10G, OneX, X2 adapters that all documentations say are supported on this platform.  I am Running 12.2(54)SG iOS, which also sa...

dlogan333 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a ring with four IE3000-8TC switches Sw1, Sw2, Sw3, Sw4They are configured in this way:____________________________Sw1rep admin vlan 997int gi1/1sw mode trunkrep segment 1 edge primaryint gi1/2sw mode trunkrep segment 1 edge___________________...

Hi, Hopefully somebody can answer this straight forward warranty question. This is the scenario, As a Cisco Partner we sell a Catalyst switch which has a "Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty" to a client who doesn't want to purchase Smartnet. I under...

pmcallion by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Questions on CBWFQ

Hi everybody. I hope all of you are having good weekend:) Assume we have 100M CKT, and we are using default setting ( max-reserved 75 under f0/0 ) ;  we are using CBWFQ with three user defined classes. int f0/0 service-policy LEE out Policy map LEE ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody, I have started studying QOS a little deeper now:) R1#show controllers ethernet 1/0ADDR: 649B9654, FASTSEND: 6005A794, MCI_INDEX: 0 Omitted!! rx ring entries=32, tx ring entries=64 Above we see RX ring can hold up to 32 packets and TX...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Here's the issue. I'm trying to only allow traffic between one PC and a server. Both PC and server are connected to Layer 3 switches.  This would be simple if the PC had a static IP address.  I could do a simple extended ip access list  permitting o...

clybumat1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  I am trying to ISSU upgrade our Nexus 7K 10 slot switch from 5.2.7 to 6.2.8a The ISSU has failed multiple times due to the Standby Supervisor failing to come back online  with the message"Install has failed. Return code 0x4093001e (Standby faile...

sujohnm by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, Good Day! Need help, I have 2 routers which I will be configuring as my edge routers and this routers will be having iBGP in each others and eBGP for ISP links however, I only have 1 ISP with 1 router only meaning my 2 routers will be connec...

Hello !, (I asked this question on another forum, but guess It was the wrong place to ask this question)      I am a newbie to IT so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I was asked to characterize the SPAN capability of a Cisco 3560G switch for ...