Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I have a problem where a 4500X switch is not receiving CDP from all the interconnects C3850 switches. The network is strictly a star with the 4500X forming the core, and the 3850s the access layer. This part of the network is purely Layer 2 with ...

d.kirkham by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have a stack switch, but recently the switch irregular reboot. sometimes one of the stack member switch reboot. sometimes three of the stack member switch reboot. the first time reboot i get the syslog as bellow. May 20 11:43:21.285: %PLATFORM-1-CR...

Dear All, All of a sudden my switch (cisco3850) start throwing below message:- Log Buffer (16384 bytes): %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 3440.b5c4.c50a in vlan 3221 is flapping between port Gi1/0/22 and port Po1 below is the device details:- Vers...

Assume that there are two switches A & B that are connected via a trunk. Switch A has a PC in vlan 10 with IP address 10.0.0.1/24 and Switch B has a PC with IP address 10.0.0.2/24 in Vlan 20. Will the two hosts ping? If not, what is the configuration...

grapevine by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am unable to find detailed documentation for Nexus 9500 series compatible line cards, specifically N9K-X9564PX. Can someone point me to it? This is all I have found, but i need to know the port numbers for the 4 x 40GE interfaces. How are those ide...

mujtaba81 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi  Need advice , I am to run OSPF between two different locations  But now they have decided to place another switch in between the two end points participating in OSPF How can this be achieved without upsetting my OSPF config ? Thank you 

Hi,      i have setup layer 3 switch with need to have Ether-channel Dual Up links. please see the attached network diagram. my goal is if Router 1 goes down then all traffic go through Router 2 and PC1 can communicate with PC3. i entered default rou...

Hello all. I have am new to this company and I inherited a few issues. One that I am trying to overcome is this. Our network has multiple VLANs, one being VLAN 8. This VLAN (172.17.8.x) is for our computers in the manufacturing area that are not allo...

hankjoejr by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 7606 that is load balancing over OSPF using 8 routes. Coming out of the 7606 are 4 wireless paths, each on a separate routed interface, and two fiber paths, each routed over 2 vlans each. On the far side of the 2 fiber paths the next hop spl...

Once we upgrade our N7k (N7K-1 and N7K-2) to NX-OS 7.2 and insert the F2 series line cards, will this dual-homed server active-active setup function?    Server1    |     |     <----- Server is dual-homed  FEX-A FEX-B   /  \ /  \    <----- Each FEX ...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, guysI have a concern.How I can limit the bandwidth for customers.This is my scenario.I have a 30Mbps Internet link, and I want to "share" this Internet to customers, but, certainly I will have to limit the bandwidth, upload and download.The custo...

Edson Vuma by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes