Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I noticed for both N2K models same price. However the E variant (enhanced) has bigger buffer  size (SAN, big data).Why should I still quote the N2248TP if I can buy the E for the same price with better specs. Or in other words, ...

janvandek by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just configured 2 ports on 2 separate Nexus 3K using VPC and LACP and connected to an AIX box configured for 802.3ad and it is acting a bit strange. If I bounce the port channels on each i see the MAC of the NIC's then a few seconds later they reve...

Hi everyone, (hopefully not a double post, first upload seemed to fail) maybe someone can help me understand a little better how MST works. Following scenario: Network set up in a star topologyCore-Switch is STP root, acces switches connected via sta...

Hello, I was asked this in an interview and didn't know the answer and has been driving me crazy ever since. So you got 2 routers, R1 has a loopback interface of 1.1.1.1 You put two static routes in R2 to get to 1.1.1.1. Specifying the IP of R1 on...

New computers, Apple MacBook Pro Notebooks and they do not come with a built-in Ethernet Port requiring a Thunderbolt dongle for the Ethernet port. Using the MacBook Pro Wi-FI mac and software to assign the mac to the Thunderbolt dongle you now have ...

R1bennett by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello, I'm doing an exercise to configure RIPv2.  According to the instruction I need to advertise the networks that are directly connected to R1. But when I take the IP 172.30.30.1 /24 it gives me the network address 172.30.30.0 / 24 not 172.3...

Hi, I configured the Cisco Catalyst switch 4500 series. I have configured the acl for to block other traffic but intervlan also got blocked. please assist me. Configuration: interface Vlan1 description Transit_User_VLAN ip address 10.104.64.2 255.2...

We have an odd case.  In our environment, we try to create open offices spaces where users can work at any workstation.  Plug in a laptop and use their own headset to work for the day, and the sit in another area another day.  With this setup, we hav...